Which exclusives to play on the X360

Thanks guys! In the meanwhile… What’s the best Gears of War? Is it one on the 360?

Is the remake of Conker worth it? I always admired it as one of the most promising game on the Nintendo 64

Gears 1 & 2 are the only good ones, past that they soften out the edges and try to compromise between being a shooter and being Gears

Conker isn’t good but it’s certainly a monument to the hubris of man, if that’s your thing

6 Likes

oh yeah also you should play phantom dust but if you have a decent pc you should play it there instead, it’s free and has online functionality

3 Likes

How is Lost Odyssey?

Raiden Fighters Aces may be the best compilation of all times. It is the only Xbox 360 disc I still own (if you ignore all the shit sitting in my closet that is listed on eBay and hasn’t sold yet).

Mushihimesama Futari is my favorite shooter on most days. All the Cave games are worth trying. It’s still the only place to play Deathsmiles II, right? That game is hideous and good.

Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts was very enjoyable in 2008. Is it still? Sure, why not, let’s pretend it’s held up.

Culdcept Saga doesn’t have the cool announcer from the PS2 version but it’s Culdcept, it’s cool.

Omega Five has a mode that makes the entire game look like hyper compressed Sega CD FMV, it rocks.

It is not good.

You could play Blue Dragon if you really hate yourself. It is better than Lost Odyssey.

There may be a PC port of Bullet Witch now but it’s as Xbox as it gets. Also: Ninja Blade. Is the PC version of Deadly Premonition better than the 360 version now? I remember hearing it had even more issues than the original.

If I play Outrun 2 it’s usually the XBLA version. I don’t remember noticing framerate issues. I do know the upscaled UI drove me nuts in the PC version. Maybe someone modded that shit by now.

I know there are a bunch of XBLA games I’m forgetting. The 360 was tops when it came to arcade ports and oddball Japanese action games and that kinda gets forgotten cuz it’s an American console.

And yeah if a game is on both 360 and PS3 it’s almost always better on 360. Especially the fighting games. I think the only multiplatform title I ended up going PS3 for was Dark Souls.

2 Likes

original 360 deadly premonition is the best version of the game. also the best gtaiv is console with digital dlc, not standalone disc dlc, because that way you get the combined radio stations

4 Likes

if you like a south korean take on JRPGs, try magna carta 2.

Project Silpheed was a x360 exclusive iirc? - that’s Ace Combat in space with SQEX-drama plot icing.

Mindjack - maybe also on ps3, but have never seen a copy of that out in wild, aside from my x360 version.

ESPgaluda2 if you can get your hands on it.

… seconding ACFA, Lost Odyssey, adding VANQUISH to the list if you can get it for cheap on Pc then skip that on the X360.

4 Likes

Nothing quite like it still, though it’s very slow to start. Anyone who liked banjo games back in the day would like this, I think. It’s also extremely cynical about its own legacy which rules.

Fable 2 is worth it, I think. It’s beautiful and stupid and hbfg.

3 Likes

I liked this game. It had lots of colored lasers and animes shouting at you and it cost like $30. It is the best Silpheed by far.

3 Likes

project silpheed is really good yeah

radiant silvergun and bangai-o both have x360 exclusive remasters that are fantastic

mushihimesama futari 1.5 is really good too

5 Likes

Is Chromehounds still good without the online part? Chromehounds is cool.

It’s not but it’s worth buying to just hold the disc and imagine how fun it would have been to play Chromehounds at its peak.

5 Likes

This. Those are all good times games. You’ll laugh and you’ll cry. I kinda like the original Stuntman more than Ignition but that might just be me. So if you bounce on the latter try the former.

OK! There is a decent number of games to play on the platform, then. :slight_smile:

Any other OG Xbox (with the 360 backwards compatibility) that I should be aware of?

By the way, how do FEAR and Metal Gear Rising run on the platform, compared to the PS3?

My PC is a 12" Lenovo with low power i5 and intel card from 3 years ago, I never attempted to play fear on it. Half life 2 and siblings work perfectly, but I was thinking that maybe some games could work better on the 360 than that pc.

Final Fantasy XIII runs better on PS3. :bbcool:

3 Likes

For some reason I will always remember that Mercenaries 2 ran and looked way better on PS3 then 360 from watching a Game Trailers review of the game. Probably because that seemed like such a unique case? I don’t think anybody here would recommend Mercenaries 2 though.

1 Like

wartech: senko no ronde

please dont play lost odyssey. if you DO play lost odyssey PLEASE TELL ME HOW YOU GET PAST THE FUCKING WORM

shadowrun is proto destiny in a neat way

6 Likes

Crimson Skies is like $10 on XBLA for 360 I think, if you want a delicious dogfight feast.

1 Like

You get to play as Cool Old Dad instead of Anime Older Brother

2 Likes

Ridge Racer 6, Strania: The Stella Machina, JSRF

2 Likes