Which exclusives to play on the X360

I hope it’s not a dupicate thread. I am buying a used PS3 and a used X360 from a friend. I was wondering which games I should play on the 360 that I cannot find anywhere else (and that are worth it, of course) or that are on other consoles but are best played on the 360 (hopefully there should be some!)

do you have a later xbox console to play 360 games in back compat? or are you looking specifically for games that are 360 exclusive/optimal with no back compat?

It’s my first (possibly only) Xbox console, so I don’t have any later ones :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The updated port of the N64 Perfect Dark
Child of Eden
Crackdown

4 Likes

Also enjoy that minter CD player

2 Likes

Oh, also, any special games from the first Xbox? Considering that the 360 should be backwards compatible

cool! in that case: armored core for answer, el shaddai: ascension of the metatron, panzer dragoon orta (back compat from og xbox), blue dragon, all the cave stuff like deathsmiles and muchi muchi pork, ninja gaiden black (back compat from og xbox), bullet witch, maybe nier 1?

unfortunately otogi is not back compat

4 Likes

Is Nier 1 on xbox360 different from the ps3 version?

no but it runs better (ditto acfa and el shaddai, and the steam port of bullet witch is busted)

2 Likes

Very cool! Otogi… what a pity. Perhaps hacking the 360 could make it possible?

doesn’t orta stop working after a few levels or did they patch that?

they patched it

2 Likes

That’s called Space Giraffe!

1 Like

warning: in europe, panzer dragoon orta is not backwards compatible, no matter what microsoft might tell you. it crashes after the first stage

1 Like

OK, so me being in Italy will make it necessary to hack the console at some point

Shotest Shogi

1 Like

Maybe one of the worst cameras in the history of video games. But this one is certainly unique.

2 Likes

I can’t think of any multiplatform game that runs better on PS3 than 360, but some are much worse on PS3 e.g. Bayonetta. I would definitely get 360 versions as a rule.

Try Gears 1 and Halo CE, of course, the later ones aren’t essential.

I have a soft spot for Forza Horizon 2 and Sumo did the 360 version.

Fable is not worth it.

1 Like

Adding: Import Tuner Challenge, Daytona (which is also on ps3), under defeat (which is also on ps3), edf 2017

Xbox BC: breakdown, fatal frame 2 in first person mode, jsrf I suppose.

Outrun 2 has a bad rep on 360 because the frame rate, but it’s really only noticeable on some of the stages, especially the first. Idk I still would prefer that version over any other.

Phantom crash is one of my favorite games, but hard to recommend because it runs so poorly on 360. At least it seemed to crash less when I set the system to 480p. Hmm

4 Likes

The PC version of C2C will run on anything from the last ten years perfectly, hard to recommend any other home version (especially buying) if that works

1 Like