what kinda audio software do ppl use to make these things (smoke weed every d d d d d d day)

ya know, dumb shit like this

it’s some kinda sampler, right? how does it work? is there one for pro tools? somebody help.

1 Like

The secrets of ironic weed-based musical jokes are not for your eyes, Toups!

1 Like

Only if you promise to not contribute more audio evil to this world.

3 Likes

How you doin, Tups

I’d say use an MPC (chop vocal to pads, make a keygroup program or just 16-level it) but I work for them now and can’t be trusted

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure every DAW has some kind of software sampling instrument included these days, so yeah, should be a piece of cake outside of cutting up the samples. I’d guess in the case of that video, they just recorded the gameplay, ripped out the audio to add all the kush in a DAW, then slapped it all together.

Or maybe they’re crazy and just pitch-shifted segments in Vegas.

it is a mystery :ghost:

i did this once

don’t do this

2 Likes

oh. poo tools.

I’m fairly sure there are some free sampler VSTs floating around. I’ve tried Sforzando and it’s ehhhhh?

This should help at least: Free Sampler VST Plugins - Bedroom Producers Blog

I have no intention of creating dumb garbage video memes , worry not my friend

just want to know in case I want to exploit this for creative purposes in the future

you work for akai?

I work for the inMusic gargant that owns the brand, and my day-to-day is the current MPC stuff yup

4 Likes

giss the hookup on one of those yeah?

Even cutting up the samples should be pretty simple these days. Most DAWs can auto-detect transients and you can fine tune that to auto-slice everything pretty perfectly. Logic’s base sampler instrument does/did this for sure.

1 Like

ableton should be able to handle this amazingly well – you can just make a drum rack of samplers and have each sample pre-pitched and then just arrange the midi track or drum it out on your Chosen MIDI Controller

You’ll probably find what you need here: the best VST samplers. That’s what you need, am I right?