What is your favorite controller?

I do that with NeGcons.

1 Like

Windows 10 means I canā€™t offer much in the way of support, sadly, as Iā€™m still on 7. Iā€™m currently using this beta firmware on mine (http://forum.8bitdo.com/thread-1517-1-1.html) and so far Iā€™ve had no issues. I did notice some Win10 threads on that same forum, so perhaps there are some clues in there?

Curious, 3-button or 6? I could see different reasons for doing it with each; the ā€œhandleā€ shape of the 3-button is kind of awkward on its own, while the different shapes of the two sets of buttons on the 6-button might fit the thumb better in that position.

Anyone have experience with the Pokken controller? It looks kinda comfy, itā€™s getting cheap, and it sounds like it works pretty well as a generic USB gamepad for PC, PS3, etc.

1 Like

Yeah I got the beta firmware, and Iā€™ve tried all the modes. Honestly I think itā€™s my computer, but Iā€™ve done everything I can think of (update drivers, restart bluetooth services, uninstall and reinstall drivers, cry a little) so I might just have to use it wired. Iā€™m guessing the bluetooth hardware itself has failed because I canā€™t connect any other bluetooth devices, and the controller works fine on my phone.

That said I did use it wired today to play Soul Reaver 2 and itā€™s pretty nice. I like the d-pad a lot.

1 Like

Is the controller that small or is your hand that huge

Speaking of, am I the only one with any love for The Duke? For as much as people like the Controller S, they bungled the placement of the black and white buttons

1 Like

I sought out a Duke from the sad used baggies at GameStop when I had an Xbox because larger controllers are more comfortable. :+1:

1 Like

I donā€™t know anything about it but if you decide to take a plunge, Iā€™d be curious to hear how useful it is outside of the Wii U/Pokken.

Plunge taken, itā€™s very comfy. No problems setting it up to play an emulated round of Columns. The buttons and d-pad are nice and bouncy. Seems like itā€™ll work pretty well as a no-frills, all-digital gamepad made with modern design and materials.

1 Like

guys that puppy-faced Switch controller is really starting to grow on me

1 Like

I thought it was really sweet how they took one of the two controllers and turned it around to play two player stuff. I want a tiny controller too! Wait, does that mean one guy has the analog stick on the left thumb and one guy on the right thumb? That would be quite weird! Ah who cares. Iā€™m behind Nintendo on this - they never disappointed me before. Failed to engage me with stuff like the Wii U but never disappointed. No, I didnā€™t have a Virtual Boyā€¦

the stick/button orientation on the Joy-Con controllers is arranged such that if you hold it so that the part that slots into the tablet is pointing up, the stick is on the left no matter which one youā€™ve got. There are also ā€˜shoulderā€™ buttons on the top since the ones on the back would be too difficult to reach when using the controller that way.

Has anyone mentioned eXistenZ yet?

1 Like

I was perfectly happy before I knew this was real:

2 Likes

Itā€™s squishy too.

1 Like

oh god

1 Like

iā€™ve wanted that for my whole life

4 Likes

Itā€™s fucking awful to use. I had one and tried playing through DQVIII with it and then gave up and just left it as a display piece.

Then I stuck that ā€œIā€™m cute and Iā€™m a controller too!ā€ sticker on the front of my old blue 3DS fat. It was perfect.

5 Likes

Yeah, it is a neat idea, but not great to actually use. Also the one I have gets this weird stickiness to it that requires some definite cleaning. I was always a little sad that I did not get a Metal Slime one.

1 Like

OH Iā€™M GLAD MINE ISNā€™T THE ONLY ONE!!
Yeah, mine got weirdly sticky after a while but I thought it might be because I left it next to some plastic models I was drying and thought some fumes rubbed off on it? Glad to know mine isnā€™t a weird case.