welcome to the bacon factory (payday 2)

man the cloakers in this game say some sicko shit. “we call this A DIFFICULTY TWEAK” is a videogame thing i think about a lot but in this past week i have had them say things to me like “the safeword is police brutality” “im gonna turn you inside out!!” “go cry on the forums like the little bitch you are!!!”

i have never really understood why these enemies in particular are so sadistic. naturally there is a fake FBI database ingame for you to peruse the rich lore of the payday 2 crime universe, which I figured wouldn’t actually explain anything, but it turns out the notes actually explained everything. they simply want to canoe the payday gang seal team 6 style

3 Likes

A lot of their dialogue is a reference to them being in Payday 1, but not being in Payday 2 at launch.

One of my favorite Old Payday 2 things was when they upgraded the flashbangs from their original, extremely weak version to their current iteration. I thought they’d given the cops a nuke.

2 Likes

haha, 81GB of space huh? I guess that makes sense for these legacy games

1 Like

There are 60 heists now and all the newer DLC weapons have models that are clearly like 3x the polygons as the old ones

1 Like

Apparently the next DLC will include a new deployable. Nobody knows what it is, but I’m kind of hype for it, since it’s the first one since the Armor Bag like 8-9 years ago.

OK, finally gotten through that weird process with these decade old games where it converts my old character through multiple phases of full system rebalances, and I think I’m ready to just play the game again. Is there a usual time that people are playing?

me and teg play whenever, cuba and parker play sometimes. im mostly organizing everyone when they are available

okay, Payday 2 and Killing Floor 2 get to knife fight to the death to see which one gets to be a 100 gig squatter on my spinner

Fuck killing floor 2. Come join us in the sb crime factory

1 Like

i completed the payday 2 secret (true) (final) ending

you have to enter passwords using a wheel cipher based on the outer ring. normally it’s translated into a fake funny language but i downloaded a texture pack because fuuuuuuck that. even with it in english and me figuring out the solutions near instantly it takes a good 10 minutes to actually open it, the whole time being attacked by ghost cloakers that drop no ammo. lucky for me bots don’t need ammo, so.

only took two tries. funny ending to the heist game. i love that the true ending gives canon explanations as to why everyone in the payday gang left, so now we can start over with the boys in the third game lmao

7 Likes

7 Likes

I’ve been going through all the stealthable missions and figuring out how to solo them on the hardest difficulty, sometimes as a Pacifist.

I quite like it actually! Activates the Metal Gear Solid, Hitman part of my brain that memorizes guard patrol patterns and item locations.

Also I got the rarest achievement (do the latest heist pacifist). It’s actually pretty easy, it’s only the rarest because it’s the latest DLC.

some choice chats from recent games

the geneva suggestion

20221128190908_1

tegiminis are you awe tism?

20221205221814_1

20221205221838_1

(i’m quoting this image veronica took of a mount and blade mp server)

3 Likes

One of the many advantages of installing texture mods that let you identify useful objects from any distance is being able to marvel at all the weird shit hiding just out of reach in the level

Debug cocaine, thoughtfully stacked

4 Likes

“you got fucked easily” is just absolutely choice

2 Likes

Found it very fascinating that reviews of Rockay Crime City seem to come down to two perspectives:
“The game’s a roguelike and will force you to die and start over, which feels really weird” from normal people.
“I heard its a roguelike but I just played through it and never died and beat it in 6 hours” from all the Payday 2 lifer perverts.

5 Likes