VIDEOBALL

I hope online PS4 works tomorow afternoon :cryingpig:

1 Like

I managed to get into a good 3v3 on PC! We played a bunch of games

Guys this game is good

1 Like

what does this got denuvo too

How, Iā€™ve tried a few times, no bites.

please someone play with me! iā€™m hosting a 1v1 lobby right now

Had a bit of fun yesterday on PC with my partner, whoā€™s not an avid game player. I had to play on keyboard vs PS4 controller. My old PS2 controllers to USB adapter were not directly recognized

finally got to play elle kicked my ass.

2 Likes

this is great

3 Likes

Ps4 online still doesnt work.

1 Like

Oh thatā€™s a bummer. Iā€™ve had 5 matches online on Steam.

the only person who has beaten me in ranked thus far is brent porter. i was 4th on 1v1 leaderboard last i checked. godamn milkman beat me once too, in a laggy private game (no excuses tho, heā€™s really good!)

straight to the moon

Thanks Dave Lang!

1 Like

patch coming soon according to iron galaxy

The game is out!

I joked about the PS4 having problems with online play and being left behind* but now I feel bad.
It must be pretty tough to launch an online game in so many platforms at once with such a small team. I hope they get it sorted out without too much damage.

So, in any case, folks who managed to play properly: Is the game good? And how good?

• I didnā€™t actually think Tim would move to something else and not patch the game ever again

the game is better than anyone could have hoped for. itā€™s a hell of a lot easier to point at whatā€™s wrong with the game than whatā€™s right (everything else). all following opinions are referencing the Steam version of the game

• there can be lag in online matches. havenā€™t seen any while hosting ranked, but in a private match with godamn milkman hosting it got pretty severe (past the point of playability, albeit briefly) (brent porter said they are working on this)
  • disconnecting from a ranked match seems to have no adverse consequences (it does not give the person who didnā€™t DC the win, either (not 100% sure here, more like 80%)). also, due to the way ranked matches are handled (someone has to host, and then people can join and see who their potential opponent is), people can dodge good players and rack up ranked points by exclusively playing scrubs when they find them. if this works the way i think it does, the system can and will be abused.
  • apparently historical statistics only apply to local multiplayer, which means you wonā€™t get stats for online games (though you can look at stats per-match) (this should be addressed)
    EDIT: this was not true: online statistics are saved! you have to select ā€˜allā€™ on the stats screen to seeā€™em
  • thereā€™s no cancel button, so you have to navigate to and use the confirm button on the onscreen ā€˜cancelā€™ option - if you forget this youā€™ll jarringly bounce between screens
  • transitions between screens can be slow for a very basic-looking unity game - this could be snappier
  • thereā€™s no borderless fullscreen option, which makes dual monitor setups slightly less than ideal (current workaround: use windowed mode and maximize on your gaming monitor. it gets letterboxed by the border but itā€™s not too bad)
  • thereā€™s no way to quit the game without pressing Alt+F4 in windows (brent porter is working on this now apparently)
  • thatā€™s pretty much it, the game is close to flawless

i might be wrong here, but this feels like the natural extension of the charge mechanics in ziggurat. the implementation is somehow even more minimal and elegant. itā€™s like the final, competitive multiplayer ziggurat-as-a-sport.

postscript: this isnā€™t really the gameā€™s fault but wait times for ranked matches can get a bit silly. iā€™ve managed to find matches consistently with a little patience, though. especially when hosting, as it seems most people just search and donā€™t host. the rematch feature does mean that if you find (a) good sparring partner(s) you can keep the party going.

3 Likes

rogers be praised

additional notes:

• control is flawless. unequivocally flawless
  • music is tone-perfect and very catchy (especially some of the in-game match music and the credits music)
  • the depth is unreal (weā€™re talking rocket league levels)
  • visuals are what they need to be, visually appealing outside of some minor artifacting/jaggies in menus (3rd party/GPU anti-aliasing could probably correct this, though i may be wrong)
  • statistics are fun and extensive
  • voice actors are spot-on. bonus points for employing jenn frank as the default voice and getting her to say hilarious shit
  • level design is very good (pro seems to be far and away the best arena for my money, though)
  • sound effects are fully adequate, if a mite busy during games
  • the UI is really well-designed and fun to navigate (especially like the ticker at the bottom of the screen)
  • hitting a home run or a slam dunk is just about the most fun thing in the world
  • remember, the 3rd level of charge is called a ā€˜biggunā€™
2 Likes

echoing everything @meauxdal is saying BUT

this plays on my intel graphics laptop JUST FINE, meaning I will play it more than rocket league

the only bad thing is that it is making me sad that the ziggurat android port never happened :frowning:

The two online games that managed to happen on PS4 ran very smooth.

The game is indeed very good.

this is fun as heck, but i just set it aside in frustration after noticing that about 5% of the time i release the button, the expanding ball doesnā€™t shoot and i totally whiff what i was doing and man that is really irritating

idk, is this just me? i want to love this game, but i wouldnā€™t describe that as flawless