Video games what with the japanese mechs in them

You’ve seen Geppy-X, right?

(just ignore that '90s X-Treme intro and enjoy the unique ballad for each level)

1 Like

Found and stuck a dollar into a cab of this last night!

1 Like

Any of you cool cats ever play R.A.D Robotic Alchemic Drive on ps2? I swear sandlot makes the coolest games. It really feels like you’re controlling a clunky ass robot.

AC4A freaking owns btw

3 Likes

Yeah definitely. Plenty of fans here! Sandlot’s Tetsujin game will always be my favourite big robot game.

1 Like

i’m trying out remote control dandy sf right now, it’s pretty good. How does tetsujin play?

I need to give SF another go. I never got too far into it.

Mostly similar, but the controls are a bit simpler (but still appropriately imprecise). The licence is a perfect fit, and I just really dig that era robot anime. You can fly the robots around, and stand in Tetsujin’s palm and stuff. I think there’s more throwing stuff, but maybe I’m remembering the RAD+Dandy games wrong there.

Just did a little YT search and this guy does a decent job of showing it off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHr2IeOCPBk

1 Like

y’all why is the final story mission in armored core such a difficulty spike

:frowning2:

which one?
FA had two spikes iirc, the first was fighting Reiterpallasch iirc?, the second one boss fight.

ZINCs helped me a great deal back then, but might have been toned down afterwards…
and as soon as you have Figured out movement, the game gets easier as well.
Don’t give up!

first one! armored core 1. I’m really loving it and having a great time w it and I’m stoked to play 4a someday

2 Likes

Joy Mech Fight (Famicom)

1 Like

G saviour on ps2 is a simple and decent game with a killer ost

4 Likes

you weren’t kidding
these tunes are great

did anyone actually play SHOGO: mobile armor division or Slave One

1 Like

You know I did. I got Shogo on GoG and Slave One on Steam and DreamCast, tho windows 10 fucks with shogo

if i remember correctly, I think you can avoid THEM and rush to the end? imho Project Phantasma’s final mission was quite a bit harder.

vulkaiser is okay, but nothing special. the same team made a valken-alike that’s way better called gigantic army.

puzzle fighter hd looks so cheap

if you haven’t played chou shoujuu mecha mg, you should totally go and put it on your ds flashcart and do so as asap as possible. (it will probably be significantly worse in an emulator)

does anyone know if the ps4 game damascus gear operation tokyo is any good? it’s only like, £7 on the uk store (a lot cheaper than the 2000JPY on the jp store)

speaking of ps4, if you go on the jp store, there’s a demo of gundam versus right there in the main menu right now

i need a reputable link to a good ds flashcart that works on new 3ds

I remember this game getting high reviews in GameFan.

2 Likes

Was gungriffon fun-griffon or did nobody play it? It looked kinda cool back then?