Video games what with the japanese mechs in them

I just got done with a playthru of Gundam Side Stories, and i’m thinking about playing thru the Zeon side of Gundam Crossfire (which is a great if you haven’t played) and I wanna talk about mech games.

1 Like

I really like Zone of the Enders, Metal Gear, and you know stuff.

I picked up Virtual On Marz from a friend and I’m pretty eager to play it once I can get my hands on a good CRT

I was never any good at Armored Core

1 Like

If there was justice in the world, every generation would get a remaster of AC4A. I love that game so much.

2 Likes

I have a soft spot for mechcommander - not particularly Japanese but still cool giant mechs

it’s pretty dang alright, no oratorio tangram but waht can ya do

For Answer is the only AC game that has ever clicked for me but damn i love Armoured Core: For Answer.

2 Likes

AC4A club UIH.

woop woop for answer

though tbh i really really love the psx armored core games too. they are crunchy and creepy af

2 Likes

I was about to tune in with how the first Armored Core game really nails the lifeless, sterile feeling

3 Likes

all i know about the psx armoured core is that the soundtrack fucking rips

2 Likes

Where do the Front Mission games fall on this spectrum?

They’re japanese mechs

Armored Warriors makes you realize that basically all belt-scroller protagonists move like giant robots. And

3 Likes

Pro Strats for Gundam

1 Like

I like all the Armored Cores, but For Answer is probably the best. FA has a fantastic soundtrack as well.

where’d that thread go about the moe mech game that gave toll nightmares

is there a definitive mecha strategy(+RPG) game

is it one of the Front Missions

is it all of the (main) Front Missions, averaged

Supercharged Robot Vulkaiser is a loving tribute to mid-70s Japanese robot anime. I’m not sure if it’s very good, though.

I kinda get bored a few minutes in each time I try playing it (though I admit I could afford to give it a slightly more patient chance). The intro (above) isn’t the best, but it’s the most charming part of it in my limited experience, and I was frustrated once when I was trying to figure out how to make the game play it after you’ve seen it before. The game has Heart.