Video game arrange albums

more: http://vgmdb.net/search?q=arrange&field=date

1 Like

This next one is pretty inconsistent. Imo the FF7 one sounds like a sophomore Composition major, but the FF6 one is alright. The highlight here is the FFX concerto which is fantastic, which is the reason Iā€™m sharing it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The F-Zero Arranged album is the weirdest shit:

Cheesy jazz arrangements were not what I was thinking of when I played F-Zero. I love how out of the ordinary these are.

4 Likes

probably the absolute best arrange album imo

6 Likes

Orchestral Game Concert 4 is pretty rad

Otherwise my answers are Creid and Brink of Time. Iā€™m so boring

Oh yeah thereā€™s all those Konami K----- Club buttrock albums. They rule.

1 Like

This album rules, hereā€™s a top jam.

The only Melancholy Tribute Iā€™ve listened to in-depth, hoping the FF6 one is even better.

1 Like

The Majoraā€™s Mask Orchestrations album includes several good tracks, but this organ-heavy one really stands out:

Speaking of organ, I also like some of the Dragon Quest Electone songs a lot. I canā€™t find anything to link for them, but if I could I would link to ā€œCursed Towerā€ and ā€œBalloonā€™s Flightā€ from Dragon Quest IV on Electone.

1 Like

:smiley:

These not cheesy at all!

Notably the album was arranged by Pee Wee and Michiko Hill.

I became aware of Tatsuya Nishiwaki recently while talking with some people online and trying to figure out what the most Holdsworth-esque piece of videogame music was, and it turns out to ā€“ probably ā€“ be a Shin Megami Tensei arrangement Nishiwaki did. Depending on your country, it may not be viewable, so you can also listen here.

Also he did this arrangement of the main theme from Growl/Runark and it rules

idk how i havenā€™t posted in this thread yet

1 Like

Woah hereā€™s a thread I missed in which I can link Secret of Mana +

not an arrange album but this is one of, if not the, definitive interpretations on this tune:

3 Likes

There is an unforgiveable lack of KOF ITT, and so it is my turn (or duty!) to spoil matters with a few select offerings.

I wish I had these in FLAC quality SADFACE

1 Like

one of my favorites

nier 2 sure has a lot of great arranges

i like the piano collection a lot too

1 Like