Under the covers

idk if i posted this already but @iggy_poop posted this on the old forum and it lives in my head rent-free

coming back to this and the video is broken! hereā€™s the song:

Was trying to find when I got into Screaming Females and it was January 2017. One of the benefits of only learning new things from your friends who meticulously document their interests.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t know this thread existed. These are two of my favorite covers.

3 Likes

this upload courtesy of notasfarwest

was reminded about this song in another thread, itā€™s great.

serendipitously itā€™s also one of those movie-tie-in-videos i was talking about earlier, for 200 cigarettes. unfortunately i donā€™t think the music video is online

but 200 Cigarettes reminded me of Go, I always associated them with one another even though I donā€™t think I saw 200 Cigarettes

which brings me to this

donā€™t really think any other band could ever cover this song

The imaginary people named Harvey Danger and Charly Bliss are probably either allies or enemies. They definitely know each other.

btw a lot of the other AV Club Undercover video links itt are broken. I think they are all still online though, weird.

2 Likes

the whole movie is on youtube btw and oh my god the first scene is paul rudd, courtney love, and dave chappelle in a car together. it also has both afflecks. 1999 was a hell of a time.

2 Likes

Pretty sure the AV Club pulled them at one point and put some of them back. Some of them did not get put back, or the addresses changed. Some you can only find by not AV Club. Like someone just reuploaded the Runaway cover.

itā€™s not the best, but i appreciate what it goes for.

charly bliss covering Len was so perfect though.

1 Like

I probably posted this earlier but this and Andrew WKā€™s covers are the things that justify this whole AV Club covers thing

Itā€™s been the year of the label anniversary cover comps, and some oddball combinations have been popping up on those

2 Likes

Bonus points: These two sisters are descended from Edgar Allan Poe. (Or like, the same family line at least)

2 Likes

As the forumā€™s foremost Baltimorean I declare that Poe would certainly have been a Seal fan

4 Likes
1 Like

I had no idea this existed. It came on the satellite radio and I started screeching like an angry chimpanzee

4 Likes

well now we know who hasnā€™t seen happy feet

2 Likes

that reminds me of this!!

1 Like