uma no bov-san's pretty derby

1. no, there’s no in-race items or cosmetics, we haven’t gotten that dank yet

2. they would eat carrots

1. a single piece of toast would not be enough to sate the deep, endless hunger of the horses

(I’m actually amused this bizarre running visual gag is now in the game proper)

7 Likes

has the series alluded to the ramifications of what happens if one of these girls breaks a leg?

1 Like

Suzuka suffers a massive broken leg in season 1 and Teio breaks her leg three times in season 2, as per the actual careers of the horses they’re based on. they get better, no one gets put down on the track.

13 Likes

horse girls: no one gets put down on the track

12 Likes

horse girls: no one gets put down on the track

At least not until the wildly miscalculated darker and grittier OVA reboot.

5 Likes

horse phone

16 Likes

(I shifted into outright shitposting so gradually I hardly noticed)

8 Likes

this confirms that the bow ears are functional!?!?
I did not expect this level of consideration for horse girl ergonomics.

17 Likes

Gifs you can hear

3 Likes
12 Likes

I cannot imagine being weird enough to watch the show and buy the merch but not engage in the game in any meaningful way

unless you’re buying the endless stream of CDs, in which case I understand

(I don’t personally care for the character songs but I’m going back and forth on buying the game OST coming out next month)

not that I can judge, I have the Gold Ship nendo and Rice Shower Figuarts on pre-order and I’m eagerly awaiting the McQueen figma to get solicited so I can get it some time after the world ends in 2023

Make this man the poet laureate

featured as a failure animation in the game proper

8 Likes

I am only trying to share with all of you

the joy

the anguish

the drama

THE HYPE

of horse (girl) racing

3 Likes

the filth!

8 Likes

hi

I want to talk about revenue for a hot sec

the data points to the horses being the third highest grossing gacha game in the world for the first 3 months of 2022, scoring half of the obscene amount of money as the number one content dripfeed simulator Genshin Impact

what should be noted is that all of the other games on this list are available worldwide with multiple localized versions. meanwhile the horse girls have only launched in Japan (though localized Korean and Taiwanese versions have been announced)

I can think of no better way to celebrate Golden WeekGold Ship Week than the oncoming dominance of our horse overlords

12 Likes

I did a few searches to put that in context, and it looks like one Elden Ring’s worth of money is spent on horse girls every 10 months or so

Torrent shoulda been a horse girl

9 Likes

hey, we haven’t had any collabs yet

I mean besides the Top Gun Maverick poster in the game.

4 Likes