TWENTY TWENTY ONE: SEROTONIN WILL RETURN

Dwarf Fortress Steam Release maybe? This will be the Dwarf Fortress I’ve always wanted - built-in graphics and workshop integration. The only thing remaining would be the horrendous interface but I even got used to that back in the day.

20XX is one of my favorite games, period. I played the demo of this and it felt very Early Accessy but I’m looking forward to this anyway.

Golf Story 2 baby. That first game felt amateurish in many ways, but it was an extremely solid golf game and charming as hell. I think a sequel could fix all the weird crap about the first one. Speaking of sequels to lackluster games:

Disappointing that it’s only going to be on switch but I’m highly looking forward to it. The first game was like 80% of a good game, but the 20% really stunk. The soundtrack was gorrrgeous though, and the concept was neat. It was really just the characterization of the main dweeb, and a couple of design choices that were really irritating. I suspect the sequel is going to be really good, especially from the music I’ve heard.

And a couple of other things people have already mentioned: Disgaea 6, Ex-Zodiac, possibly new TWEWY, Hitman 3 (if I ever finish 1 or 2)

6 Likes

I mostly have no idea what has come out recently, what’s coming out soon, etc. I’m okay with this, actually.

9 Likes

yeah i had to look all those up, i remembered none of them

I’m looking forward to Mario 3D World and R-Type Final 2 for sure. And I’m mildly interested in the Saga Frontier remaster.

I would be looking forward to Shin Megami Tensei 3 and 5 if I thought I’d realistically have time for them.

I hope Breath of the Wild 2 and the Switch port of Disco Elysium come out next year.

3 Likes

what i look forward to in 2021 is the vague possibility i might be playing all those 2019 games that my laptop can’t run and which i can’t afford right now

and reasonable netplay conditions

3 Likes

2021 in Destiny

• Transmog
  • Crossplay
  • Vault of Glass Redux
  • The Witch Queen expansion

2021 in other videogames

• Nintendo releases Breath of the Wild sequel with the same map, missing the point entirely
  • Deathloop is the first Arkane game I finish
  • Hitman 3 has Day One Manhattan Corrections Center DLC
  • Joe Staten rights the ship at 343i (?)
  • New Year’s resolutions to finish Nocturne on Switch
  • No More Heroes III and Psychonauts 2 make me feel dead inside
3 Likes

resident evil village is definitely a game i will buy

2 Likes

i’m never going to get used to this meaning of the word lol

7 Likes

Huntdown is on PS4 right now and is just as great as it looks. There are much worse ways to burn $20.

2D pixel art indies are a booming genre and will continue to be forever I hope. Maybe some of these will get released next year.

Bushiden looks kind of like if Strider and Shinobi had a baby.

Chained Echoes just looks gorgeous. Hopefully it will have a good story and battle system, or at least one of the two.

Cyber Shadow is a Ninja Gaiden-like complete with beautiful animated pixel art cutscenes.

The Siege and the Sandfox is an old school Prince of Persia style stealth game. It’s also been in a development for a while now so this is kind of just a reminder that it exists at this point.

Eitr reminds me of the original Diablo but with a -soulsian take. It’s also been in development forever so who knows if will come out this year.

Solar Ash is not pixel art but still looks really cool. It has some longer gameplay demo videos out that show off more of what it’s actually like to play and it looks very chill and awesome. It’s basically a humongous world that you explore by kind of infinitely-running it. From the group behind Hyper Light Drifter and will be on PS5 next year (at least that’s the target they’re shooting for) as well as PS4.

Maquette is the debut game from a new studio called Grateful Decay. It’s got a cool hook to it. You’re basically inside a recursive space where you can play around with a small model of the actual play area you’re in and things you do in the small scale model reflect in the larger space (and beyond).

Sea of Stars is cheating because it’s technically scheduled for 2022 but I’m mentioning it anyway because dang it’s pretty.

6 Likes

Yeah I think I said I was looking forward to the sequel right after Axiom Verge came out. Precisely because of the ways it was mediocre, they mostly seemed like “haven’t 100% got the hang of making a game yet” problems

I have a good feeling about this one. Calling it now, I bet it has a light-world/dark-world system. All the outdoor landscapes they’re showing in the current screenshots are suspiciously pretty

I remember reading some posts a year or maybe two ago, from the devs that essentially read as admission the project was stalled/shelved

After looking again this is apparently not true.

Eadous 12/03/2020
Welcome to the Eitr Discord

To answer some frequently asked questions: (Thanks to Eidolen)

Eitr’s Steam listing has been made private as it is under heavy development and not ready to be advertised, you can still find the listing here: EITR on Steam It won’t appear in your steam wishlist until public, but is still wishlistable and will record the date accurately.

They are still working on the game, have a look in #devupdates

The Devs talk regularly with us and even let us get in on giving feedback and suggestions for the games direction.

They are currently funding out of their own pocket, but don’t feel ready to accept money. The devs have talked about eventually opening up to a donation funding option like patreon or KS later down the line.

The game is alive, they want to take this slow and do it right, we all are in support of that decision. Upon seeing some of the changes most people can understand why they are going this route over releasing an ultimately unfinished game.

If you have any other questions, myself or one of the other regulars or even Eadous should be able to help.

They have some clips on their discord from Feb and July.

1 Like

I’m probably going to eat my words but 2021 feels like the year I will finally finish my backlog.

2 Likes

i keep forgetting about this but the japanese breakfast track in the trailer sold me on it

too many jarpegs: smt5 innit, portable nocturne with autotune metatron, and saga frontier remastered

also looking forward to being able to buy a graphics card, maybe

1 Like

:servbotsalute:

5 Likes

Oh you know what I’m looking forward to? The next Magic set. It’s been years since I’ve been into that hype cycle but MtG:A has pulled me back in.

1 Like

is this thread a prank

monster hunter rise march 26

3 Likes

I’m hype as hell for this postal sim

12 Likes

I’m literally so emotional right now thinking about playing Spelunky 2 and Monster Hunter online

4 Likes