Trans: non-binary: literature:

I get the idea. I would recommend The Pervert, then, it’s good.

I should also say they really need to find a support network and/or community, ideally of IRL people.

5 Likes

would she be willing to join SB? we’ve got a fairly robust we trans fem community

1 Like

ok right, i don’t really ever expect parents to be any better than ‘trying but fucking up’ so i hadn’t even considered that’s what you meant

2 Likes

maybe. They are very bad at online communication and also hate internet society. That is one thing I am working to help with.

Thanks

This is obvious. I think this is an incredible community. My friend is adverse to online communication though. They are very difficult. I wish it was different.

1 Like

can I play a game that will help me be a better friend?

i wanna say The Missing but that might be too glib a response

1 Like

look, fair. Birch is right in that IRL support is far and away a better option, and so many online fora for this stuff are not helpful at all. i was shitting on reddit just yesterday! in this case i think it helps that we all like, actually know each other and aren’t just talking to each other coz we’re sad, but that might make it more intimidating idk

2 Likes

I’ve heard Libretta is that but I haven’t played it myself

here is a potentially helpful resource; however all caveats above apply about taking this stuff as a rulebook instead of as pieces of potential help. there’s almost certainly something in here about dealing with dysphoria and unaccepting parents, etc.

1 Like

This all seems very helpful. Thank you!

Thank you tiburon. This is super helpful. I will read all of it.

1 Like

like i said dont take it as gospel (and convey this to your friend); some stuff is helpful and some stuff is inapplicable, and it’s hard to know which is which