Vaporwave░Music (ゟ唄畝)

I think my favorite vaporwave song is this one that VastleCania posted a few years ago:

I’ve been listening to a lot of Death’s Dynamic Shroud over the past year or so. One song I can’t get enough of is this one that’s half Final Fantasy music:

I like these ones, too:

Recently, I discovered several good albums under the netlabel Hjördis-Britt Åström.

For example, three “businesswave” albums by Malta Company Formation:

And these two more “traditional” vaporwave songs by 秋セール1986 (please excuse the racy cover image on the second one, but I think it’s a good song):

And a whole bunch of albums by Fortune 600:

11 Likes

マリブ DAP is my favorite vaporwave artist.

Their EPs are tightly themed
A Breakfast Club EP
A Bill and Ted EP
A Michael Jordan EP

and so on.

Here’s the Bill and Ted EP

4 Likes

this is barely vaporwave, more just straight up ambient electronic, but it really captures that “imaginary sci-fi place” feeling

8 Likes

I love this Voyage Futur album from a couple years ago:

It’s on that side of vaporwave that’s less sampley and more Vangelis/Tangerine Dream evocative ambient synthy.

All their stuff is great, but that’s my favorite album of theirs so far. We used a lot of their music in Preserving Worlds and they were really lovely to connect with.

5 Likes

My favorite straight-up classic vaporwave album is:

Of all the many weather station themed vaporwave albums out there, I think this one is the cream of the crop.

3 Likes

I’m going to choose to believe they name all their albums after Mechwarrior stellar geography

neon memories is probably my most listened to track this year, excited to check out the rest of these!

1 Like

A few more that I like from Hjördis-Britt Åström:

Not sure this one really qualifies as vaporwave, but

And I already shared this one in the song of the moment thread before I thought to create this thread:

1 Like

I will be very interested to discover what my niece and nephew consider hauntological when they hit their 20s and i am a pure husk

A new Fortune 600 album came out the other day, and it’s good.

Also, another thing I came across (mild language warning):

1 Like

Ok, I just recommended the new Clanton album in another thread :v, but this is an already classic and just amazing vaporwave record made by the same guy

4 Likes

Death’s Dynamic Shroud released three albums today. I like what I’ve heard of them so far, particularly the one titled Midnight Tangerine.

6 Likes

This is the vaporwave song I can’t get enough of in recent weeks. (It doesn’t sound like much until 0:40.)

Edit (a month later): About half (or more) of what I listen to these days is just random Fortune 600 songs on repeat.

If some of my favorite vaporwave (and witch house) artists were better known, I suppose they’d never get away with their blatant sampling of very well-known songs. I love the way they twist and combine sometimes familiar things into a dreamy haze.

1 Like