Titanfall 2 Free Trial 3/30-4/3

Hi y’all we should get on the free Titanfall 2 while the getting’s good! They’re releasing a remake of Colony from the original on 3/30 along with a free trial. This is on all platforms, but I can only play on PS4 or PC because I don’t have live.

yeah this game fuckin’ rules, I’ll be there

is this like ‘get the game for free’ or ‘play for free for a limited time’

The latter. You have all of multiplayer, the tutorial, and one campaign level for the trial period, and afterward you’ll have access to a demo with the tutorial and one campaign level.

so i actually thought the campaign for this was pretty bad, i went in with high hopes (although as someone who genuinely dislikes fps) and it just felt bland and rushed even when it was doing things that should have been interesting. however i have fallen for overwatch this year and it’s the first multiplayer fps i’ve really sunk any time into since bf2, is there any point trying multiplayer on this?
i did actually enjoy the mech combat quite a bit.

I am in on PS4 if you all are playing there.

Me too. when we doing this?

It’s different from Overwatch in most of Overwatch’s signature features. The maps have hundreds of possible routes through them, it doesn’t mechanically encourage team play at all, and readability is quite low when you’re not in a titan. The mech combat does have high readability, so you could play the elimination mech-only mode Last Titan Standing.

i’m iiiiinnnnnn

On which platform?

Also @felix are you interested in a group on PS4?

nah I have this on PC, I generally get online multi stuff on PC because I’m too cheap for Plus

oh whoops PS4 sorry

ah yeah i’m only on ps4, but hey seems like there’s enough of us at least?

Yeah, tentatively the PS4 version on Thursday or Friday evening on or after 8CDT?

I’m in on PS4 for Thursday night

I can do this tonight, not tomorrow, but I can also play on Saturday and Sunday at night!

I’m downloading the PS4 trial now. I’ll set up an SB network unless there already is one so we can group quickly.

i’m good pretty much the whole weekend, save for some possible destiny on sunday. Saturday would probably be best!

What is everybody’s PSN id?

Hey this is downloading much slower than I thought it would, so I won’t be on tonight. Sorry y’all.