THIS IS IT GREEN AND ORANGE (Zero Ranger)

You have to shoot her a lot before the lifebar starts taking damage. You will know when it begins because she will flinch from getting shot.

Please answer with spoilers: How do you unlock extra palettes? Iā€™ve now done everything but cleared the final post-2-4 challenge. Should I have declined to wipe my save and risk it after I first cleared 2-4? Iā€™ve only done it the once. Thanks!

There is one minor new pallete available in the Options menu as Colorblind mode. But I assume anything else is done by beating that challenge.

I finally beat Zero Ranger.

The update seems to have added text to the final final boss that I donā€™t remember being there.

Now Iā€™m kind of sad having broken the cycle of rebirth and turned Zero Ranger intoā€¦a good shooter.

Oh yeah, I did want to come back in here and post that the readability issues I reported having with the demo do appear to have been fixed in the final game? I havenā€™t compared them side by side, but I didnā€™t have any issues when that bit reappeared in the release version of the game a few months ago when I last played it, so that is good because that was my main gripe and this game is pretty fantastic

222d74f47345819ec24767af9518adde7272a40d

5 Likes

the new boss is pretty cool

would have liked to see more remixes/beta versions of songs in the new mode, or more of the ones that donā€™t get their full runtime in game, since both already exist, but it feels silly to complain about a surprise update thatā€™s obviously not making any money, so

1 Like

Whatā€™s the trigger for the new boss? I played through with both B and C ships and the simulation ā€˜shuts downā€™ right before. I never continued, if thatā€™s even a thing in this mode.

Weird, Iā€™ve always managed to trigger the new boss. Maybe you have to be speedy?

Whatā€™s this new boss? Iā€™m on a new computer and unfortunately ZR saves arenā€™t on the cloud I guess since I lost my cleared data but I ran White Vanilla and it seemed to be completed after the big eye that shoots orbs. I guess this is an easy mode type thing unless Iā€™m missing something.

Are you playing from the beginning? If you start from a later level the simulation will end early. I donā€™t think speed matters as I wasnā€™t particularly swift in my attempts

The final and completely new section takes place directly after this

1 Like

I played White Vanilla once but I donā€™t really understand what it is. Seems like a playable highlight reel of the developerā€™s favorite moments of the game?

Weird yeah I started totally fresh. Complete fresh save too, I had to suicide in the main game to unlock it. I wonder if you have to have a clear save for this new section, argh.

Oh you know what, it could have to do with your progress in the main game. Iā€™ve completed the whole thing on my save and the mode was already unlocked after I downloaded the update.

1 Like

I start from stage 1. Final rank B+.

I can try clearing GreenOrange through the best ending again, I also started a fresh save file on this PC. Iā€™ve noticed White Vanilla is called ā€˜Light Modeā€™ at that point, maybe thatā€™s necessary.

Iā€™m also playing the latest version uploaded to itch, maybe it differs from Steam.

6 Likes
3 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchPirates/comments/u07omx/zeroranger_was_ported_to_the_switch_supports/

Apparently there is a whole thing of illegal ports on switch.

1 Like