THIS IS IT GREEN AND ORANGE (Zero Ranger)

And you ain’t seen nothing yet!

I’m still on stage 4 as well but I finally beat the skull boss that shoots glass balls. It was so tense y’all. Then I got to (and died) where I got turned into an orange and fought a Buddhist in an Undertale battle. That made me turn off the game because I couldn’t take any more. In a good way. A great way.

1 Like

wait that’s not the end boss of that level

1 Like

It sort of is! After that there’s 3 or 4 little shooter “vignettes” that you have to go through and then loop 2 starts, I believe.

you can pacifist that guy, shoot his snoozey bubble instead of his body and you’ll skip the fight and get some dialogue instead

1 Like

I fucking thought so! I shot him out of reflex and then I was like, oh no, oh no, I get what this is referring to and I bet I could have avoided this.

1 Like

The spoilers are pretty well gated off (by stage IIRC) so worst case you can just bail once they get to where you are

2 Likes

Wait, about the orange quotes you get during the game: those were given by the monk I bothered, weren’t they?

@VastleCania Yeah we tried to gate them off so people can only listen to where they have gotten. Rudie put in a big SPOILER alert when we move to the next layer so you don’t accidentally spoil too much for yourself.

I love that people keep finding new stuff in this game.

figured out how to trigger the crab mini boss in 2-3. ping @boojiboy7

you can see her as a lil black shadow under the water at certain points in the stage! shoot all of them to unlock the crabbening!

this actually came to me out of the blue at work about an hour after my last run through god i love this game

2 Likes

Yeah I thoerized that was the method above, so good to have confirmation.

1 Like

ZeroRanger obsession level: using precious bandwidth to watch the game’s trailer on a bus

3 Likes

Co-op of this is just beyond delightful.

Can’t wait to try that out.

I know there are a ton of STG references I just don’t get because I’m not that much of a genre aficionado.

But the Gainax references delight me.

theres not a pulstar reference so dont worry about it

I am just posting here to remind myself to play this at some point

Just beat level 4 for the first time before bed last night and I am so stoked to p lay more of this game when I get home

this is a game of never-ending delights

Is this accurate? I got to level 3 after a long two weeks of getting destroyed by the level 2 mid boss, and my highest high score is from that level 2-to-3 run, but level 3 isn’t showing up in the stage select menu.

It was for me, that’s odd. You should be able to have access to any of the following once you reach them for the first time (spoilers): 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-4

I thought maybe I’d plateaued or hit a ceiling in my skill with this game. But then I did this:

Breaking the 6-digit barrier is the proudest I have been of a thing I’ve done in a video game in forever.

The miniboss in stage 2 is still one of my biggest hangups in this game. I don’t know if I’ll ever get through the boss of stage 2-2, but I probably will eventually learn what I need to do with it and then I can’t wait to see what’s on the other side. I love this game so much.

1 Like