This is a SEGA TEST (1996)

This is a really high quality copy of a training video from SEGA’s test department at a point when they had the most systems going at once. The whole thing is a great time capsule but the editing is really top notch era-contemporary MTV stuff, especially a wild segment at about 8:48 called ENDURANCE.

9 Likes

ALRIGHT GAME GEAR

it’s fun to look at all the posters and shit these dudes have in the background.

2 Likes

there’s a legit vending machine montage in here

2 Likes

I was worried this wasn’t going to have smells like teen spirit in it

5 Likes

If i understood vines at all i’d make one of the vending machine montage @ ~8:00

This looks like it was kinda fun to make! delightful find.

1 Like

Wonder if Sir Paul McCartney was aware they put “Magical Mystery Tour” in this video. He’d probably still sue them if he knew about it.

But yea, what a miserable looking job. You can tell they are all worked to death, they look like they’ve all been lobotomized!

This was all filmed during the exact months long timeframe when these people would have been working on Genesis, 32X, Saturn, Game Gear, Sega CD, Pico, PC and maybe even arcade stuff. They really all seem super honest about never getting sleep and the job being really boring and hard!

1 Like

I felt like killing myself after watching it. Sega Test Massacre.

1 Like

this is sega test

6 Likes

this is an awesome title for a garage band, awesome :servbotsalute:

“sharp twin fami” is my favorite aphex twin track