They're actually making that wild west sequel to Black Dynamite

https://twitter.com/MichaelJaiWhite/status/955893753058906112

13 Likes

Well fuck, I guess Michael Jai White wasn’t on my radar when Black Dynamite came out and I assumed it was some crummy Will Farrel-esque thing.

It is mostly a deliberate and straightforward genre parody that takes itself seriously as if it were actually some lost hidden blaxploitation gem and when it does go over the top it’s amazing. None of the Will Ferell/Apatow style letting the camera roll while improv actors fill in the bones of a story with riffs kinda comedy.

3 Likes

He threw this shit before he came in the… room?

2 Likes

The Black Dynamite Goes On A Date Montage is maybe the best thing to happen to masculinity in motion picture cinema in the last decade.

They nailed the tone of the absolutely shitty charisma free frolic/date scene from Black Belt Jones and it’s great

2 Likes

I need to watch this again

The first movie is so perfect! The first time I saw it is one of my all time favorite theater going experiences! I can’t wait for this!

About a year ago, I saw it again as a midnight movie. I went with my friend who falls asleep while driving, talking, or doing just about anything. He slept through almost the entire movie except for the Chocolate Giddy Up line. He sprung awake, waved his arms, and mouthed along with those three words before passing back out for the rest of the movie. Weirdest thing I’ve ever seen.

3 Likes

Shit, I wonder if the running back that plays Black Dynamite has gotten his neck injury fixed enough to be able to turn his head to the left yet.

unreal

Keen as a bean