The Vidgam-est vidgam

God Hand

i almost made this topic again

the new answer is VVVVVV

2 Likes

The answer is a shoddy licensed europlatformer for the NES.

I am referring, of course, to Darkman.

Could a videogame without violence truly be the most Videogame though?
(Itā€™s a rhetorical question the answer is no)

Iā€™d define the vidgamest vidgame as something thatā€™s such a videogame that it is truly incomprehensible and has no connection to any kind of reality for anyone but the most doomed gamers. It would have to be repulsive to anyone else including us.

Having never even looked at any screenshots of this game I think Iā€™d call Ā« Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls Ā», AKA the Sega-centered spinoff in a RPG series where the characters are personified video game consoles, the winner

2 Likes

Yume Nikki, a half-digested slurry of game tropes reconstituted into something totally abstract and alien to anyone unfamiliar with SNES era RPGs.

2 Likes
Details

Itā€™s Dig Dug Babey

2 Likes

i feel like every time jeff minter makes a game its the videogamiest game

it has scores flashing in your face, flashing colors and noises, announcer ribbing, actual videogame controls and mechanics
fruit and animals
dying except not in a rogue way

i think its a tie between five a day and polybius

like his games have those fake sounds you always hear when people are playing games in movies so his stuff is at least the videogamiest to outsiders

2 Likes

is dig dug baby mr. driller?

1 Like

dig dug is mr drillers dad, i think dig dug fucked baraduke to make mr driller?

yeah taizo hori and baraduke made susumu hori

dig dugā€™s babey

1 Like

also taizo hori is a divorce guy

is fucking shit piss in my ass?m fuck

Please folks

Itā€™s Hexen 2

1 Like

Power Slave is also worth a nomination even if it falls slightly short of Hexen 2ā€™s sublime essence of ā€˜vidgamā€™

2 Likes

Iā€™m not even remotely joking about either of these.

1 Like

would argue ratchet and clank with villain names like drek, and dr. nefarious, captain qwark, the tyrannoids and being about zapping aliens with wacky weapons sounds absolutely 100% fake and like something a kid would be playing on a sitcom

4 Likes

the tower of druaga also sounds like a game from a sitcom. like the dad would say it was stupid but then heā€™d be up all night making notes about where each hidden treasure was and by the end of the episode thereā€™d be just on left for him to find then someone unplugs the console or something

7 Likes

i havenā€™t played it but must be earth defence force.

4 Likes

I came here to see if anyone had said Robotron yet, only to discover that I did

6 Likes

iā€™m glad i can share the experience i had finding this thread again