The Shooting 20XX Part II: Simple 1500 Series

the amount that the price has to be lowered to draw in casual players is so low, that they’d need to attract a massive amount more players to make the same amount of money as selling the current number of copies they know they’ll get at £25+. and unfirtunately, that’s not going to happen. a lot of people have really been brainwashed by 25 years of mainstream games journalism telling them the same lie over and over that arcade games are unplayable, unfair, coin-eating scams.
i guess hamster can manage keeping their prcies so low because they know they’re going to get a certain amount of sales every week, plus some more when it’s a big name title.

3 Likes

I wasn’t particularly aware of this being a significant factor–especially now, when almost nobody reads professional game reviews anymore. I thought it was mainly that most people look at an arcade conversion, find out it can be “beaten” in 20 minutes or so – howlongtobeat dot com and all that – and don’t see it as a worthwhile purchase, because playing a game through repeatedly for score or improving their skills isn’t how they know to enjoy a game.

1 Like
4 Likes

It’s fun, but there are some notes on the steam boards, hoping this gets a patch or two before it’s abandoned.

2 Likes

So this has been on steam since 2016 but it got a 2.0 update last month along with a switch port and this game’s fun! You can picture what kind of game this is from a screenshot along but its very compelling and the twelve ships in this does a lot to keep things fresh along with the nice music and Game Feel of it.

3 Likes

2 Likes

YEARS of not playing R Type Final 2 are finally paying off!

2 Likes

“for the confused”
well, it’s an inherently confusing title. Because it’s a lie. Also not all the DLC? Fuck off.

Saving for R-Type Final 3 Evolved Plus

2 Likes

I still wonder why RTF3 is PS5-exclusive, and how long that exclusivity will last. I have no intention of getting a PS5.

And I don’t know what PS Home is, but if this “lobby” is some kind of community thing, that goes entirely against the R-Type tone. You’re supposed to be all alone and miserable, fighting a futile battle until your inevitable failure accomplishes nothing or even makes things worse.

the_bydo

3 Likes

PS Home was an ill fated 3d social lobby thing, kind of like a Second Life lite, notable mostly for the pretty cool ARG they ran inside it for a while called Xi

2 Likes

Granzella did a whole lot of PS Home stuff, their YouTube channel is loaded with videos like this

And this

And I’m sure there was lots of R-Type stuff for it too but I can’t find it now except for this

image

10 Likes
6 Likes

but not on pc… sigh.

I don’t think they’ve said what it’s on yet, there could still be hope. Uh in theory. I mean it’s true they haven’t done ShotTriggers on Steam so far, but both M2 and Cave have done some stuff there, so…

2 Likes

They at least confirmed PS4 for daioujou which is something

3 Likes

OH right, the “PCB” vs “PS4” high-speed frame comparison in the trailer. So yeah PS4.

… vr… support… ?

3 Likes