The Shooting 20XX Part II: Simple 1500 Series

Pretty stoked for this. The composer is using the same tracker I used, IIRC!

Look real cool.

I made an appearance on STG Weekly (yearly?) with Banshee, the back-end coder for ZDR.

Something to look forward to!

2 Likes

Something else to look forward to!

Pretty sure no one has posted about this so:

Gritty Japanese PC aesthetic, generous self-adjusting difficulty, fucking bomb-ass FM soundtrack. THIS GAME IS PRETTY SICK, Y’ALL.

So, looks like indie Neo-Geo nostalgia manifests itself in the form of shooters, because fighting games are too damn hard to make.

2 Likes

Fire Arrow Plus is currently making its way through Greenlight.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=706865141

Should also note I just finished up work on some new music for it. :shermiesteppin:

1 Like

FINALLY

Comiket’s soon.

2 Likes

Comiket is during Obon. That’s weird.

woah what?

Am I actually going to be in Japan for Comiket?

How about that.

Caladrius Blaze got a stealth release for the US-PS4 store ???

and that Touhou Senko no Ronde comes out next month. What a Time.

Steam is having an STG sale this weekend. I’ve never played any Triangle Service games. Any recommendations?

Trizeal and Deltazeal are my favorites of the bunch. I’m not a fan of the stick-wiggle mechanic in XIIZeal (nee XIIStag), which can be turned off, but that makes the game way too easy.

Yeah XIIZeal is probably the hardest to come to terms with of the bunch. Deltazeal and Trizeal are probably the best, with Exzeal getting a special mention for the nice variety in ships.

Get Shmups Skill Test at the very least.

Also, get Eschatos and Mushihimesama if you don’t have 'em already.

I’m glad all these games I paid too much for on the Tree City have been released on steam for reasonable prices, even if it makes me feel a touch…:confused:

Yeah, I already have Mushihimesama on Steam. I have Eschatos on 360, but I will probably pick up the PC port. Can’t get Deathsmiles to recognize my controller but not sure what is up with that.

Sad that Strania isn’t on sale…

Any indie shooters (japanese or western developed) that can stack up to the classics? Recommendations?