the SB 64 part III: THE THIRD LIGHTING (voting closes october 4th, 2020!)

What would furries be like in the alternate universe where Altered Beast stood in Sonic’s place

9 Likes

33 y/o undertale voter reporting 4 duty

2 Likes

3rd Strike should’ve been Mark of the Wolves on this list. we already have a street fighter and having no SNK games in this entire bracket (outside of a rom hack) feels bad. 3rd Stike and MotW are hilariously similar games, it’s endearing. I think 3S looks marginally better and sounds way better, but I prefer playing Motw.

5 Likes

I’d probably be a furry in that universe!

11 year-old Crazy Taxi Fan here and I think Smash Mouth are the best band better than what all my friends listen to like Cardi B and the Frozen soundtrack.

4 Likes

Im 25 which is right on the edge of millennial and zoomer but culturally i am firmly a millennial lol. Crazy taxi baby

2 Likes

can undertale do this

3 Likes

what they don’t tell you is crazy taxi is actually a critique of a hyperinflationary hell world where a single working mother must risk certain death on the streets of san francisco for the $20000 a day necessary to scrape together a meal for her child

3 Likes

i’d wiped it from memory till recently but the crazy taxi clicker was p tight

2 Likes

As someone playing it compulsively now yeah. I have no intention of winning it soon and if is definitely better than doom scrolling.

31 and voted undertale. like, where was this pronounced age split supposed to go? am I on the young side?

I also really like crazy taxi and voted for it last time. I think the offspring is a perfect mood for it

3 Likes

like this, but with animal heads

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s worth generalizing about what kinds of people like what games

I’m impressed Undertale is going to loser’s bracket, real evidence that this forum is not in fact GameFAQs even when presented with an entire round of matchups that would feel at home in a GameFAQs poll. I am glad that this is a forum that goes for unorthodox and contentious rather than the already-canonized.

5 Likes

Fuck I forgot to vote. And I was going to vote Undertale! Well done everybody.

2 Likes

bookmarking this for when Undertale somehow manages to win the whole fucking thing

5 Likes

the only reason it won on GameFAQs was because the massive fanbase descended upon the polls then never came back to GameFAQs because, why would you?

i don’t think our little poll is going to get that kind of attention. plus even i would vote for katamari over undertale

Undertale won my vote because I have played like an hour of Crazy Taxi after having played dozens of hours of Simpsons Road Rage when I was younger and had no desire to master a similar (if better) game.

Undertale is legit a good time but it’s not a list-topper for me.

plus at the time there was this weird reactionary “this isn’t a real game, it’s some indie sjw shit” thing going on with a lot of GameFAQs people wrt undertale that just stoked the flames of “oh we’re gonna make undertale win just to piss these people off”. also Ocarina of Time was the winner of those polls every year and so there was also an added appeal to the growing contingent of Ocarina Haters to finally take that game down and watch the terrible reaction its most ardent fans had

5 Likes

crazy taxi is a very popular sega racing game that was one of the like 12 games on their most overrated console lol it wasn’t exactly an underdog pick

2 Likes

luv 2 define what is and isn’t a real game by whether or not it stars my favorite vidcon hero, John Halo Link Samus Master Drake of Duty

1 Like