The Playstation Vita is More Than 10 Years Old

just from casual observation of yaj, it seems that preowned jp vita games are significantly cheaper than any other region.
so it might be worth collating a list of games that fill the conditions “are good”, “are playable without literacy” and “got a jp physical release”

also, are there any other games that, like airship q, have official translation patches?

the new Vita exploit finally dropped today if anybody was unlucky enough to have upgraded their firmware to 3.69/3.70!

4 Likes

ps1 games used to look like shit on pstv, now they look pixel perfect if you use the sharpscale plugin

4 Likes

this gets you pixel perfect PSP as well:

btw, you could get sharpscale from here:
https://forum.devchroma.nl/index.php/topic,112.0.html

or you could get it from autoplugin, which is probably the easier method:

3 Likes

it’s still very early, but flycast is being ported to vita, and it looks promising, if not yet really playable

also the android sonic ports have apparently been unofficially ported to vita too

oh so that’s what this was about:

Waterfield / SFBags is producing a final run of the expensive premium Vita cases for the 10th anniversary.

Also The Playstation Vita is Ten Years Old

5 Likes

Updated.

Final Verdict on the Vita: a Switch and a Chinese Handheld will get you by.

Tearaway is like the one use the features well game.

1 Like

This is Metrico erasure

(he said, having never played that game due to owning a Vita TV)

edit: woah it got a PC port, might have to pick that up on sale one day just for the novelty

each of these things is more expensive than a vita

1 Like

these days a used vita will run you as much as a used switch lite lol

ergonomically I still like vita over switch

1 Like

in case anyone is still using an unhacked vita for some reason, there are reports on twitter today that it’s suddenly no longer possible to buy or download any vita games from psn

1 Like

Is this process for hacking a Vita TV appreciably different from the handheld? I bought one super cheap years ago, bought some games for it, and then never played them and stashed the device in a drawer for a few years

Looking it up it is nearly identical but you’re getting basically decent ps1 performance without any enulator benefits.

1 Like

i believe hacking it does let you play native vita games that were “not compatible” with the tv version, at least

One of the primary advantages to hacking a vita tv is the sharpscale hack. With it you can get properly scaled PS1 games at 720p and even pixel perfect 960x540(or is that 960x544?) within a 720p frame. Without modding the vita tv gives you either badly scaled 720p or 1080i.

You can also easily add external usb storage to a vita tv without sacrificing your vita card slot. So that is nice if you want additional storage but still want to play physical vita games.

6 Likes

as appears to be a rite of passage, my 32 GB Sony PS Vita memory card has begun failing

(I get a “the memory card has been removed” error message on waking the Vita from sleep roughly 80% of the time; if I physically remove the card and do the same things, I do not get that error)

praise be to SD2Vita and the 256 GB of storage I have there

3 Likes

It’s such a fine device! At the moment, it serves my impatience well. Just a button press and I am back, knee deep, into Final Fantasy VI T-Edition.

It runs pretty darn well on the little guy!

But, it’s still T-Edition. My teeth hurt.

1 Like

Oh, is the memory card failing thing a problem with the card and not the slot itself?