NatsumeAtari / Tengo Project Posting (Formerly The Ninja Warriors Once Again)

the definitive version of the original is you, MAME, 3 monitors and patience

or the Mega CD version, if you’re horny for Zuntata

1 Like

where can i get this i am the number 1 ninja warriors again fan and i refuse to wait for it

9 Likes

it’s already up on the JPN eshop and I would assume it’s up on JPN PSN either now or the next ~12 hours

I already said Once Again was good

I want to say it again

it’s real good

I got a clear on normal and immediately jumped back in to mess around with Yaksha

it’s Again, maybe a bit easier or, at least, more manageable with the new specials, but the music and graphical work are turned up to 11, and those were already good

I’m absolutely shocked that only 3 devs from Tengo Project were in the credits, surely they didn’t do all of that goddamn animation and background work with 3 people, and if they did, well, they just dunked on everyone

2 Likes

Is there a PC release announced? I don’t see this on Steam

I’d be surprised if it didn’t happen since Wild Guns Reloaded is on there but so far I haven’t heard anything.

just posting to say the ninja warriors once again is such a good name for a videogame. up there with elevator action returns

5 Likes

oh god

I’ve drained my Switch battery 3 times just playing this over and over and over

it’s kind of perfect

Raiden is hilarious, you’re pretty much playing as a boss

the arrangement on the stage 5-1 BGM gives it some serious mid-90s Namco-ass sounding vibes and they threw slap bass all over the final boss music

I’m not suggesting you give a website 40 bucks for Japanese digital currency and buy this right now, but it would be a shame if y’all waited a month for this bliss

1 Like

Got it earlier tonight. That a video game like this was made is amazing.

1 Like

it’s kind of a shame the only game left they could give a once over is Pocky and Rocky now since everything else from that era was a licensed game or a subcontract job

or maybe they can do another Omega Five-like new thing

Did they really only have three creator-owned SNES games?

What about their NES catalogue?

is this on the us eshop yet?

3 Likes

http://gdri.smspower.org/wiki/index.php/NatsumeAtari

they’ve done a lot of licensed or contract work in the past and very few of the games associated with them are things they own outright (even Pocky and Rocky is a Taito license), but this isn’t a bad thing; they were probably used so much and are still going because they actually make good games

it’s me, I stan GS Mikami

2 Likes

Power Blade vs. Shatterhand, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Not until August 30th

1 Like

I have defeated the final boss of this game, on normal, now, using lots of continues throughout. I will play Hard mode with the new short stuff character, she has juggles. I think all punching video games should have generous juggle parameters, let us go wild. Also, hey guys, let me just save the game at continue points so I can turn the console off not just suspend: this is my actual only criticism.

I nominate Ninja’s up+throw whirly-bird as the best move in the game, followed closely by his down+jump elbow drop.

A feller just could not ask for a better video game than The Saved Ninja Warriors Return Once Again.

An alternate past aging Cecil B. DeMille returns to the desert and digs up his silent Ten Commandments sets and he’s nodding real slow and then he turns back to the camera and winks, “now let’s get this party started, baby”

I feel like Ninja Warriors (Once) Again might be the apogee of this, but what are the good single lane belt scrollers?