NatsumeAtari / Tengo Project Posting (Formerly The Ninja Warriors Once Again)

kung fu for the nes

4 Likes

MOTHERFUCKING IN THERE

I forgot that video games could make me hype as shit just playing them

4 Likes

playing Kamaitachi for the first time: what the hell, I can’t just walk up and grab dudes, this is terrible

after 30 minutes of Kamaitachi: oh, so I can just toss a boss up and behind me and then shoot my spine at them and it does 20% of their health? that’s cool

also let me tell you, it hurts losing a clear 50 minutes deep and when the last boss has two hits left

Odin Sphere, perhaps?

Odin Sphere is a resource management RPG with real time battles

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (the remake? update? reimagining? rejiggering?) is a silly action game with leveling elements and probably more in line with the platonic ideal of the single-plane brawler. also, there’s a PS3 version, so you can probably emulate it.

not that I would ever tell you to borrow the game for free or anything

Muramasa Rebirth (only on the Vita) (Vita means life btw) is also along the same lines

3 Likes

Borderline, but still platformer heavy:

Really struggling with this particular niche.

1 Like

you guys open to stuff like Guardian Heroes or Panzer Bandit or Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds, games that technically exist on multiple planes but have dedicated plane-switching buttons, effectively meaning they play like fighting games

or crazy, juggle-heavy doujin nonsense like Ragnarok Battle Offline (by French Bread) or Fairy Bloom Freesia (by Edleweiss, makers of the upcoming Sakuna)

Aces Wild, maybe, or Dust

you could wait and play the RPG mode in Granblue Versus come next year

2 Likes

man i wanna replay fairy bloom freesia but everytime i install it and start it up it’s just at a blank screen

I feel like I know the answer to that problem but I can’t recall the last time it didn’t work for me (except for the patch issue and the one crash where a sound option causes a late-game cutscene to crash)

…run it in linux?

2 Likes

I feel like Ninja Warriors (Once) Again might be the apogee of this, but what are the good single lane belt scrollers?

• Bad Dudes
  • Altered Beast
  • Splatterhouse
  • Superman (Taito)
2 Likes

Does GBA Astroboy count?

1 Like

I think Astro Boy is more of a platformer.

Ah, how could I forget?

So peculiar it didn’t get ported to the Genesis despite getting sequels on it. I have a real soft spot for Wanpaku Graffiti too.

2 Likes

hey

got that there hard mode Raiden clear

Raiden is dumb and I love him. only in this game is having a character with a move whose hitbox covers half the screen in either direction completely balanced. the amound of grief you go through doing the final boss with Raiden makes up for the fact that he straight up trivializes the hardest bosses

also my brain is fully broken and playing any other character results in thoughts like “why am I moving so fast” and “why can’t I turn into a gun and kill everything instantly”

5 Likes

Well apparently the North American release got delayed until October 15th. Europe still coming next week.

Cool, gonna bet this has something to do with the Limited Run release, ugh.

well, the thing is, those limited edition western copies would have already shipped, I think they were coming out the same time as the Asian digital release. also ININ is pulling the same shit with the new Bubble Bobble with hilariously staggered release dates between Europe and NA

I don’t even get why they aren’t doing an early/on-time digital release. hell, Square’s doing that with Collection of Mana

I don’t get anything about the release of this game, it’s already completely in English and it’s pretty much sitting there on Asian storefronts

I also don’t get why the game decided that me taking my last hit and the last boss taking his last hit meant I died first

2 Likes

the jp version is in english?