The News Grandmaster 4000

Backpacks have been getting around these last few years but I’m not feeling them
Ditto the more recent thing for tiny little crossbody tourist pouches/harnesses
When I actually have to carry more than a phone and cards I go duffles/holdalls with a strap so I can sling 'em like a messenger when I’m tired of just holding the handles

1 Like

After the Saturn Scale now there is a Megadrive Scale.

1 Like
1 Like

opoona is back! in twitter form

1 Like

so that’s what happened to pinball arcade?

Pinball FX is cool but it always had very weird unnatural physics. Wonder if they’re attempting to make them more realistic for the real tables.

Yeah, and I’ve always felt Pinball FX lacked a sense of weight and impact. I like to play their games casually every now and then but I’ve never found their physics as satisfying as their competitors. There are a lot of instances of the ball stopping as if it had no momentum or the ball instantly launching in directions without inertia. It just doesn’t feel good.

3 Likes

I can’t remember if I already said this here but I feel like this is one of the few things that Microsoft are genuinely, uniquely good at – standardizing hardware for important populations that no other company would go after

2 Likes

They done good.

I wonder if this is of a piece with the business services culture that prioritizes legacy support, in that you’re responding to niche needs.

This is bad.

2 Likes

Coldest Dungeon
1 Like

http://indiegames.com/2018/09/thank_you_for_playing.html

Was R-Type Dimensions any good? It’s coming to Switch and Steam.

1 Like

I thought it was fine. It has that deal where at the press of a button you can switch between the original look and a newer, kinda cheapish looking 3d. I played through the original R-Type in it and I don’t recall anything feeling dramatically off, although apparently there are a few bits of oddness in the included version of R-Type II. I think the issues with II is that it is based on an easier western version as opposed to the original, but I can’t say that with 100% certainty.

2 Likes

Sounds alright then.

good post/username synchronization

6 Likes

What?