The News Grandmaster 4000

Wait, did I get confused for DAIS? Or is DAIS creep?

5 Likes

sorry I’d hate to think that’s what’s keeping more people from voicing mealy mouthed Joe “I’m just asking questions” Rogan “where does the gat dam sjw censorship end” reactionary-lite nonsense

4 Likes

well then, good job keeping the forums ideologically pure! splitting people into them and us has never worked out badly before!

2 Likes

Pretty sure the number of people on this board in support of gamergate are low enough that “splitting” anything is a non-issue here

2 Likes

I’m still reeling from the knowledge that there’s a 2015 expansion to Postal 2 dispite there being a third one

6 Likes

I’m gonna need y’all to devote a lot more energy to giving Dracko blood potions for keeping the news flowing.

7 Likes

The PC adaptation of the Kingmaker Pathfinder campaign is set to be released in September, which is surprising for something I figured was as much vapourware as the irl Kingmaker campaigns my friends kept intending to play.

1 Like

Doesn’t Pathfinder suck though?

The other day I was killing time in a Barnes & Noble where I ended up buying the Xanathar’s Guide D&D 5e expansion and I picked up the Pathfinder core rulebook and opened to a random page and started to feel like I was drowning in oatmeal

To be fair I felt the exact same when I started leafing through the newest Shadowrun rulebook but I love Shadowrun so fuck off

3 Likes

That may also just be a result of shitty rulebooks and not necessarily the rules themselves. I dunno about Shadowrun but the modern Battletech rulebooks are bloated and poorly laid out messes, so I wouldn’t be surprised if CGL does the same for SR.

In BT’s case people complained to the point that last year they released the Battlemech Manual, a book of mech only rules specifically made to slim shit down again, as well as clarifying stuff and consolidating some extra rules and things from other books.

PF is just very slightly modified D&D 3.5, and I have never had any problems playing it. The book is a little weird and cumbersome though, mostly due to being the PHB and the DM book all in one.

1 Like

Pathfinder rules suck because they are just 3.5 rules because playing 3.5 in 2018 is an act of pure masochism. There are better ways of getting generic fantasy adventure.

Shadowrun rules just suck. They’re bloated beyond belief.

3 Likes

I mean, some dudes really like 3.5. It’s not totally my bag or anything, but I don’t mind playing along with it if someone else is running things.

I also hate pathfinder and agree that the Shadowrun rules are god awful

Shadowrun owns tho

1 Like

someone should just port the Shadowrun setting to d&d 5e so we can finally get a good version IMO

I feel it will literally never be possible to model VR hacking simultaneous to brain stem-level control car combat simultaneous to guns and three extremely different kinds of magic without impossible bloat

2 Likes

But dnd 5e isnt a good game either…

I mean its basically fine, its not too inaccessible, but its still got tons of clunk and cruft

Tulpa just really hates it when people have fun doing things they don’t approve of.

well it’s certainly a hell of a lot better than 3.5 or 4e were, and more interesting than the majority of pnp systems out at the moment, so I guess I don’t really care that it’s not quite Elysium?

Exclusively run Shadowrun campaigns with Hollowpoint. We’ve been over this nonsense, SB

1 Like