THE N64 SUCKS.... or does it???

oh shit what???

dang!! i didnt know about this. guess i fail my license exam after all ._.

3 Likes

Pokemon snap is the colonialism simulator that series deserves

i always wanted to play that n64 shiren too

i actually think it would be a pretty great bit to surprise set up quest 64 at sb9 instead of dragon quest vii, so everybody please make sure you forget this post over the next three years

7 Likes

All lists are invalid without mention of Lylat Wars

7 Likes

shadows of the empire with wampa__stompa code!!! debug game is the best game on n64. but only the first run carts with the full debug mode not the nerfed later releases

4 Likes

i feel like one reason i never tried getting into fighting games was bc i hated doing the half-stick controller inputs for wampa stomper sooo much

5 Likes

i had to use my mouth to do it. i dont think any fighting game has forced me to hold the analog stick halfway between left and right for 30 seconds, but now that i think about it, they should

6 Likes

hey if you like the concept of holding an analog stick halfway in a direction, I have the music game for you

it’s called Cool Cool Toon and it was made by psychopaths for slightly more unhinged psychopaths and I think it’s neat

4 Likes

i only like holding it for thirty seconds with my mouth and only if it unlocks wireframe mode or has a SHADER SLIDER

1 Like

WinBack babyyy

and fuckin’ DOOM 64

and my warm bath full of math Mario Golf, an all-timer, recognise

10 Likes

it’s kind of necessary imo! the N64 games are basically kaizo if you only rent pokemon. i think for awhile some people thought it might be literally impossible to 100% pkmn stadium 1 or 2 with only rentals? could be misremembering lol

those fucking mario party reject minigames were so fun

GAME BOY TOWER was the greatest bonus feature of any N64 game probably, though having arcade Donkey Kong in DK64 and NES Excitebike in Excitebike 64 are also pretty slick bonuses

6 Likes

pokemon puzzle league!!! road rash 64!! you could hit guys with a banana! the best paperboy game was on n64! it’s a normal ass console with a normal ass amount of games that everyone was mad at for taking too long to come out and not using cds and that anger never ended

7 Likes

respect, true heads know about paperboy 64 being the pinnacle of all paperboys. you can play as papergirl!

7 Likes

SUCKS OR DOES IT THREAD SPLIT INCOMING

7 Likes

@Sykel you’re op because rudie specifically said he didn’t want to get judged BUT if you change the option at the bottom to normal or watching (from tracking) you shouldn’t get notifications every time someone posts

i was just itching for another sucks or does it split

2 Likes

racing games really are where the n64 shined, even the Cruisin’ games. Shame about how terrible the controllers were

4 Likes

NEVER A PROBLEM WITH THE SUPER PAD 64 PLUS

i got the gold n64 controller bundle but gave it away immediately cuz i got this as a present from my nextdoor neighbor. the plastic part of the joypad came off leaving just a metal stick so i had to replace it once, but only once!

4 Likes

That is a good lookinng pad. I got into a stupid arguement with people nostalgica for the N64 over on tiktok and none of them had ever heard of the “magic dust” problem where mario party wears the plastic away in the stick or had ever had that problem and it boggled my mind.

2 Likes

Can’t believe Nintendo had such a smash hit even on their 64th console. Best in the biz!

3 Likes

racing games really benefitted from what the N64 could do. while it’s obvious that the prior gen wasn’t built for speed (SNES and Mega Drive were both capable of a decent racing experience when pushed to their respective hardware’s limits, or when utilizing enhancement chips, but 3D is pretty fundamental to higher-level executions imo) - even the PS1 and Saturn struggled with racing games. the N64’s built-in analog, texture filtering and anti-aliasing (crude as it was), and stable polygons were a good fit for the racing games of the time. racers on the PS1 and Saturn, while there are many and many great ones, usually looked way jankier (please compare Hydro Thunder or San Francisco Rush on PS1 vs. N64), and the lack of a console-wide analog solution out of the gate really, really hurt both consoles in the racing department.

8 Likes