The Moon Fields * Combat Junior IIIrd Smash

Ok, this is looking a little better

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

That looks real good.

1 Like

I had no idea the Link’s Awakening one existed. Holy shit. This stuff is amazing.

Making a Rat King boss. How’s the readability?

bigger pic def works, smaller might too

1 Like

Pig Wizard duders.

Question tho - I’ve been having problems w/ some folks unable to “get” the 3d weapons rotating around the 2d characters. This is just weirdos being difficult, and not like a real problem, right?

Jk, tell me if it’s legitimately a problem. I’m hoping that’s not a real thing. :frowning:

Just a note, here -

I.M.O. Pig-zard looks exceedingly similar to Gannon,
different colored sleeves, or maybe gloves, seem to differentiate him - use, or don’t; w/e…

edit: I’ve not noticed the problem myself, on a Win7 (was Vista) Centrino, HP was ‘Best of the Best’ Dec 2006, so I can’t judge -
problem = 3d weapon rotation

uhhhhhhh… supposed to be like ganon…

go for it then, just sayin’, so you don’t get sued or w/e…

I may be a bit out of sorts, looks all sorts of SNES-ized…

1 Like

If they’re responding as though it’s a problem, it’s a problem, though the problem might not be what they’ve identified it as. They’re feelings can’t be wrong (unless you’re specifically writing them out of your audience, which is acceptable for certain niches), just their understanding of it.

I’d look at how the concept is introduced; do you need to hint at it more, do you need to isolate the movement and weapon movement for a moment? This is also where you start to remove elegance from your opening in favor of tutorializing. And that’s not the wrong thing; you need to do this; you first have to solve the problem and then work and work and work to make it elegant again.

1 Like

Thanks for that distinction.

I think I might try to solve the problem by introducing another “layer” of rendering. Anyone know how to do edge lighting? Googling gets me mixed results…

Edge lighting is part of the lighting model and can be adjusted on a slider; it’s now baked into Unity’s PBR, but if you’re using something different it can be implemented pretty easily in Shader Forge (there are good tutorials on it).

I don’t know that it’ll work with 90-degree edges on things, though – but you can discover lots of neat things by playing around with shaders and by pushing ‘standard practice’ rendering methods past where they’re supposed to go, as you’ve already seen.

that white sphere doesn’t stand a chance

1 Like