The Habit, or, There and Back(log) Again

i hated this game for some reason, one of those that sticks in my memories as “game i should have liked but instead despised”

2 Likes

I felt the same and I’m not sure what I’d change. I don’t think Carrion got the feeling of amoeboid movement nearly as well as Mushroom 11 but using the mouse like an eraser felt really detached. Maybe a touch or DS interface would work better?

I think the setting (post-shroom-apocalypse mystery) was correct but it wasn’t told interestingly enough.

2 Likes

Oh hey, I’m inspired to resurrect this thread.

I don’t have quite as exhaustive a recollection of what I’ve been playing, unless maybe I scour the past few Games You’ve Played threads to figure it all out. But that’s a project for another night, I’m busy actually consuming media and shit, over here!

My GOG and Amazon Prime backlogs are the ones I’m trying to power through the most. I still want to axe my GOG account and my Prime subscription is set to lapse in March and I want to divest myself of that company going forward. In the meantime I’ve started to build up a Switch backlog, a little bit, which I totally expected. It is what it is.

1 Like

As a point of comparison, you don’t try to watch everything on netflix, why try to play everything received for “free”?

Yes let’s have this convo across two threads.

2 Likes

I’ve outright disqualified quite a lot of the “free” stuff and am especially ready to ditch anything I do wind up playing after just a little bit. I’m also doing the same with all the throw-ins I’ve accumulated from Humble Bundles over the years. There were so many where I bought a bundle for one or two games and then wound up with another three that like, some of them seem interesting so why not check them out?

Answer: because a lot of them have been pretty bad.

Counterpoint: On rare occasions they turn out to be great!

1 Like

For similar psychological reasons I personally refuse to be influenced by the catalog of Netflix/Game Pass style subscription services. I collect recommendations into a note file, and then when I have the time to experience one of them, I google what service I can find it on.

If it’s only available on something like Netflix then ideally what I like to do is subscribe and immediately unsubscribe, effectively getting me a 1-month rental period for the one TV series I decided to watch. Subscribing via my Apple account makes this very easy and standardized, without any tricks they can pull to make it hard to unsubscribe.

6 Likes

Hey this lead to me just straight-up wiping a few things off my to play list so I’d like to thank you for giving me 10-12 hours of my life back

3 Likes

Strong together. I promise I’ll stop buying shooters that i put 45 minutes into, once.

3 Likes

I never will. But I usually put more than that into them.

1 Like

I sure as heck have bought more stuff for this system and I never circled back to Pokemon Sword so that is where I am at with this particular thing.

I have two games left on my Amazon Prime Gaming “backlog”, unless something compelling gets added to the service on March 1st. Either way I anticipate playing these sometime in the next 25 days.

• Truberbrook
  • As Far as the Eye
2 Likes
1 Like

Sick, I’ve already played Stillness of the Wind. I have Surviving Mars and Hand of Gilgamech already. I don’t care about Madden.

Crypto Against All Odds LMAO, a Crypto-themed tower defense game that’s almost bizarre enough that I have to hateplay it for a half hour. Look Inside I guess I can also mess with for a few minutes until I feel like I’m bored of it.

Oh God a Homestuck visual novel? I’m morbidly curious.

Okay, all-in-all that’s not so bad. I could easily just wind up saying screw this whole batch of games on March 24th and not really have any FOMO

The Homestuck game came out as a stop gap for the Adventure game that will never ever be finished. Except they never explained this to the KS Backers. So about a year ago I just got a notice this game was on sale and had no context for it.

Like all the post HS-ending HS content I bet it is so self-indulgent fandom coffee shop nonsense that it is impossible for a normal adult to enjoy it.

Trying that steamworld -Slay The Spire- sounds good.

1 Like

How is Stillness, a lonely game farming sim with A Story seems…well good for a 22 year old.

It was a good mood piece but ultimately I didn’t want to spend more than about 30 minutes with it.

1 Like

I might be mistaken here, but I think unlike other services you maintain access to your redeemed Amazon/twitch prime games even after your Prime membership lapses so you can play those games whenever if you choose?

1 Like

If so, I may one day loop back around to some of these but for my own sanity I may need to give myself a deadline and then pretend they’re gone forever.

4 Likes

I’ve now run out of games to play via Amazon. I can shut the door on that platform and relieve myself of another overwhelming content-faucet. Feels good.

9 Likes

Forgive me Backlog, for I have sinned. It has been a month and a half since my last confession.

I bought a Humble Bundle, after a while of being pretty good about not acquiring too many new games. We all backslide into temptation now and again, I suppose.

Vampire Survivors is going to wind up being one of those games I accidentally but 75 hours into. I should try to take a break from it for a while so I can play something else.

3 Likes

damn I didn’t realize how many other backlog threads there were sorry mikey

3 Likes