The Game-Maker Archive

For what it’s worth, I’ve redone the list of completed game articles. It’s no longer just a wiki category; it has sorting and stuff. If you’re so inclined, it should be easier to find things now.

http://www.aderack.com/game-maker/index.php?title=List_of_Game-Maker_games

Of course, I’ve still got about 75 more articles to complete… So, that should occupy me for a while.

When did I start this darned thing? 2010?

12 Likes

I did a few other things since posting this. Now work-in-progress games are listed with the main articles, even though most of those articles are themselves works-in-progress. Seems fair enough – though I’m going to go clean them all up soon. I think this may motivate me to pay more attention to that part of the site.

I’ve also implemented a few new templates, to help systemically identify WIP games and pending articles, and to standardize disambiguation (e.g., the two unrelated games called “Pipes”).

One last thing is that I’ve shifted a few categories around, with Lost Games, Unknown Games, and Phantom Games all sitting under the umbrella of Missing Games. This helps to corral all of these similarly speculative categories together, at a sensible distance from the solid articles, while maintaining their minor distinctions. I may do something with this later…

And here’s a list of known, yet somehow missing, games.

This list is still incomplete – I’ve yet to make entries for maybe a dozen games that I know about, whether through talking to their authors or some circumstantial evidence. The existing entries all need to be cleaned up, too, with a more clear presentation for why they are suggested to exist, where the various quotes and evidence come from, and so forth. That’s all for later, though…

http://www.aderack.com/game-maker/index.php?title=List_of_Missing_Game-Maker_games

Some person has recently put a bunch of effort into uploading to archive.org’s Web emulator section all of the GCS-derived games available on the Web. That means SEUCK stuff, Adventure Game Toolkit, and of course RSD Game-Maker.

https://archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A"Game-Maker+games"&sort=titleSorter

This list doesn’t have everything on the Archive, but it’s a pretty big hunk of it. The emulation isn’t optimized, either. The scrolling is slow, and the FM music could use better settings. Still, here’s almost 200 of these things. Go nuts.

(I notice this person also made a sub-topic for featured games from the wiki…)

Looks like newer games (anything produced in the last few years) is absent from here, for some reason…

It’s probably this guy:

If you have any hot tips about places he could look for games, he would surely appreciate it

It’s that guy.

TERROR TOWER is up on archive.org now too :wink:

1 Like

I just realized the forum software that this board runs on was co-written by the guy who co-made this.

1 Like

Oh man, Normality. That’s sure a game full of one-liners that just float to the top of my brain involuntarily.