The Expanse: Buttsteroid Miner Tycoon 3D

6 Likes

oh my god

5 Likes

user title material

2 Likes

I’ve had this on my Amazon watchlist for ages should I actually watch it?

Wh- j- I created an entire thread raving about it, watch it!!!

I think the general rule of thumb is to stick with it till Ep 5, by then the show’s established where it’s going and shown generally what it’s like.

2 Likes

Best sf show I ever watched.

1 Like

it’s only six episodes??

1 Like

Dunno how the hell they’re gonna wrap up a huge system-spanning civil war and also all the gleaming the cube weird mysterious alien stuff in six episodes flat

I kinda don’t think they’re gonna because after googling stuff a bit, it’s literally only halfway through the book series at this point.

(Which I don’t think has even answered every weird alien thing yet because the last book comes out in november).

Ah… hell. I hate shows with no endings.

I mean it’s not like I’m not still gonna watch it, it’s the best thing on TV. Guess they may surprise us.

It’s not half, there’s only 3 more books after the one they’re adapting for this season which does come to a sort of ending for the story up til now, but definitely doesn’t resolve the alien stuff.

slight spoiler for the last three books that you’d immediately learn from reading the back cover or like the first line they take place 30 years later

Obviously they took a break before their next campaign arc

One of the things I love so much about the show is how it is a transparent literalization of a tabletop game. I wish my cool tabletop games could get made into TV shows