The Expanse: Buttsteroid Miner Tycoon 3D

the_boys_are_back_in_town.mp3

1 Like

Ilus getting a different aspect ratio from the rest of the show is a little weird. I keep thinking a “cutscene” is now playing

Well this is extremely good so far. I’m going to hold off on watching more than one until I can see them with my dad around Christmas, which will be further agony to wait.

A few notes:

• Amos was a psychopath before but this new level of Amos is going to be terrifying.

• Shots of people dying on their feet with their magboots on in zero g are harrowing.

ah amos is a great guy

I feel like playing halo now

turning off the hud in the space force for a more immersive experience while oppressing belters

Damn I forgot there was a dedicated thread for this.

Season 4 is not a finale eh? I’m not a huge fan of shows that have like 18 seasons and no real ending. These people know where they’re going right?

Yeah, they’re releasing the final book soon.

Looks like there’s 9 books total, and we’ve gone through 4 books in 4 seasons, so, roughly, a book per season.

So, 9 or 10 seasons total overall.

Not sure what they’re gonna do with the last 3 books. They take place 30 years later. they mention anti-aging meds but they’re not supposed to be that effective, 30 years is still 30 years.

1 Like
2 Likes

Damn, gotta watch the whole thing over again I guess

So unbelievably hyped for this, god damn.

It’s been renewed for “a sixth and final season”

My wife said “the new season of the Expanse is out” and we watched 3 episodes only to find that the whole thing isn’t out, they’re only releasing one a week and I’ve never been so furious at this woman

1 Like

Absolutely loving this season. Give me more Amos, right in these veins.

His elevator shaft finisher was :chefskiss:

Amos is absolutely the best character on the show.

Apparently the Alex actor did some real life sex pest stuff so he’s off the last season. Wonder how they’ll write around that.

1 Like

This latest one continues the trend of A+ Amos content. The ending of just “oh right, I have no moral compass without Holden” was great.

Season highlight right here:

THUNK

These last two have been pretty slow, feels like we’re wasting time somehow. I know they’re moving things along and all, just, bleh.

Hoping next week really gets screamin’ again.

I liked the ending. Somehow felt rushed, despite them devoting two entire episodes to Naomi’s survival on that one ship she jumped to.

I guess in general I prefer the character-building content over the political content, so I can’t necessarily fault them on that, but man, felt like a lot happened in that last one very quickly.

I like the set up for the final season, hopefully they don’t have to rush too much to get through whatever they’ve got lined up.

I think overall I really loved the Amos content this season, and I like seeing the Belters growing as their own legit faction. Didn’t care too much about Holden/the Roci’s plot after they launched from the station. I guess I like that they further developed Naomi, but I wasn’t super interested in her trying to reconcile with her son. It’s good that she did it, just, don’t think we needed to spend THIS MUCH time following it. UN stuff was alright.

Not super crazy about Peaches joining the crew? Just not that interested in her as a character.

Re: Alex's arc (spoilers)

Well, pretty awkward way to kill Alex off following Cas Anvar’s sex pestery. You almost wish they’d just had him leave at the start of next season with some kind of line about him going back to Mars or something, rather than killing him off.

Whatever. His story never really came together, all told. Hope this doesn’t fuck up Bobby’s storyline.