Things I want to do—

• Set up different tiers of weapons
  • Figure out how to handle real big inventories
  • Make a boss
  • Set up the ‘perception’ system
  • Tweak the overworld evasion/spawning system
  • Figure out how to randomize dungeons

Re: Inventory
I only have space for 15 action items. I think that’s fine if I give some of them upgrades I can still have a ton of secrets to find. Sword/Sword2/Sword3, Arrows, Super Arrows, Quiver Size, Bomb, Super Bomb, Satchel Size…

Re: Boss
I want some of the bosses to be able to be spawned randomly in the overworld. I decided that even if I don’t have a “new game plus”, I think an extra hard post game would be cool. The combat is fun, you know?

Re: Perception system
I think this is mostly an “economy” or resource distribution thing, but to discourage people from running I’m going to place invisible resource nodes all over the map. If you walk (not run) by one it’ll have a chance to shine. This will encourage you to walk by nodes over and over “just in case”. Related - the same perception system will be used for finding bombable walls, torchable bushes, pushable blocks, etc.

Re: Overworld spawning
I’m still trying to figure out how to handle deescalation. I want the player to try to sneak around the overworld, not getting into too many fights. When a fight does occur, I want the player to either clear the room or sneak away. This all ties into the resource management/perception thing.

Re: Dungeon Randomization
I guess like all things, this is tied to the perception system. Randomly generated dungeons and secret passages can give a benefit to players who take their time walking around. Better players don’t need these benefits, but slower players… might? IDK, I also think it’s a cool way to help players that get stuck.

2 Likes