the depths of eg-lana

Thing that’s not ultimately helping is that each zone feels like a deliberate blurring of mythological content packs, much more so than La-Mu1. The lore attempts to speak for this I suppose but
I am appreciating the gentler difficulty though

I like the way some of the bosses seem overwhelming at first and force me to consider my options. Three examples of this that I’ve encountered in the last few days are the little aggressive knight, the motorcycle chase, and the falling ceiling. I didn’t know how I was going to beat them until I found the right weapons to use.

So, has anyone experienced the Ankh of Annfwyn to appear a second time? I am seven guardians down so far, around the time Alsedana dies and when I returned to Annfwyn to talk to the queen the Ankh appeared again. And I can use it a fight the boss a second time. Not going to do it because Ankhs are limited, but it looks like I got into a bug.

haven’t hit that one but all of my non heal fairies have broken so I’m gonna wait for a patch I think

assuming you’ve gotten the same 7 bosses as me the remaining bits sure are unwelcoming

how so?

I can’t summon them; no matter what I do I only get heal fairies as though I never unlocked the others

Oh, you have to cancel the healing one and resummon. They’re in a pattern.

Heal
Heal
Weapon
Heal
Gold
Heal
Key

Cancel?

I thought you were just supposed to leave the room and reenter

yeah, that’s how you do it. While the sparkle effects are still going on, leave the room, and it’ll cancel the summon and move to the next one in the pattern

But like… During the summon animation? I thought it was enough to just see the summon point

Oh, yeah. You have to touch the summon point and see the sparkles for it to count.

Oh!!! Thanks!

also the sparkles are color coded, so you can tell which you’re going to get in case you lose track of the pattern.

Red = Heal
Blue = Weapon
Green = gold
purple = key

I also had that ankh become available again. I also didn’t want to chance it because I assumed that it would use up a stone and leave me stuck eventually.

I had also been wondering why I only ever get healing fairies. I guess the pattern doesn’t apply if you fully summon them, but only if you cancel them? The money fairy sure would be useful.

One thing I haven’t yet figured out is how to activate games in the arcade that I stumbled upon. Equipping the corresponding app does not seem to enable a game.

Also, I looked up a few things, so I guess I am no longer playing blind. I did end up taking notes, but not enough to figure out what mantras to use where in some cases, for example.

I love the progression from “this puzzle is bullshit, am I just going to complete it with trial and error?” to “oh, I found the clue, and it still seems like there’s a lot of trial and error involved” to “OK, the trial and error part actually seems interesting once you get it” to “I completed 80% of the puzzle then found out I was missing a key item”

I completed Anubis’ three riddles completely by accident.

I should mention that after some googling, it appears one of the riddles lost a key clue in the translation, which was supposed to tell you WHERE to do the thing it asks you to do. This may have been fixed in a recent patch?

some things I have done in the later game largely by accident:

• work out the mantra combinations necessary for the lamp of time item sequence (in fairness they were highly guessable if you’re confident about location)

• find the fourth sigil and a subsequently the strongest whip upgrade

So, turns out the Griffin miniboss is completely bugged, search for it after defeating it multiple times and getting nothing and the latest patch bugged it. Guess I’ll try to complete the Dark Lord Ritual and then slow down a bit hoping for a new patch.

EDIT: Bug patched.

Vidofnir has to have the weirdest hitbox in all the game.

The Underworld is kicking my ass. I am resorting to mapping the whole thing on paper.