The Curse of the Necrobombicon [GOBLIN OF THE YEAR EDITION]

https://selectbutton.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/original/3X/e/e/eef4ae4d143705c8e04dd0a4ea71be0cdacb09f4.mp3

these are screenshots from our final project for that game development class i wouldn’t stop complaining about. in our presentation i pitched the game as “what if zelda, but bombs”

it turned out really well given the terrible hand we were dealt by the professor and gamemaker studio (a million thanks to @HOBO for donating a license a little under a week before the deadline, which saved our asses (THE CURSE OF THE NECROBOMBICON IS OFFICIALLY SPONSORED BY BACHELORSOFT™))

we care enough about this project that we’ve started remaking it properly in unity. @contentdeleted and i are doing the programming, @khan is our artist, and @la_ciel has been collaborating with me on music (which rules)

we’ve, uh, built our own physics system

physicsTestPhysicsTest3whenuforgetwallsdonthavephysicsbaby

it’s not perfect yet, but, you know, imperfection is beautiful and human. what i’m saying is that this game is art

we’re hoping to have something playable by the second week of january, but we’re a ways behind schedule so we’ll see what happens

26 Likes

nice nice nice

It is. I love it all of it. This is a fun gamesoft and I feel like the proudest uncle in all of history.

I can’t wait to blow more stuff up!!

I’ll play this sure

oh this is real cute

1 Like

this is brilliant tbh

2 Likes

on the one hand, our collision code isn’t quite where we want it to be

on the other hand, i have discovered that love can bloom, even on the battlefield

lovers

16 Likes

Look, if bomb makeouts can somehow be a mechanic, I say this is the best emergent design i have seen in a long time.

2 Likes

This is dope.

boom*

11 Likes

lighting

we added lighting and also a bug that is your friend

7 Likes

And also a bomb to cart you around.

normally they fall over and explode when they run into something but i didn’t have the heart to give that one a Health component

sometimes i :face_vomiting: myself

1 Like

in Russia, King Bob-Omb was localized as Tsar Bomba

this is interesting because

4 Likes

i fucken love SB, would never have known this otherwise, thanks felix