The Beautiful Game: Let's Learn More About Each Other Through Combat - We Gonna Play TORISBASH! 5/28 @ 9PM EST!

Thank you for this game. I learned I cannot play Fire Pro because it will kill me.

1 Like

Iā€™ve accepted that I donā€™t enjoy playing Fire Pro. Single player wrestling games arenā€™t fun for me and Iā€™ve never met another human who loves wrestling enough to learn the game. I canā€™t even remember what half the buttons do in what context and Iā€™ve been playing these games for 20 years.

As a sim itā€™s fun though. You can control all the stuff outside the ring with a mouse!! Heaven.

Importing wrestlers from the Steam Workshop is a nightmare though; most of my prep for the stream was me struggling to figure out why various wrestlers were missing or why certain features didnā€™t work.

7 Likes

https://www.twitch.tv/bachelorsoft/clip/BlazingCogentIguanaNerfBlueBlaster-wlVSbZCO60mXJZTT

I think itā€™s important we remember these 16 seconds, forever

7 Likes

The steam workshop is a mess as there is no way to sort via DLC requirements, and the game lets you DL them only to gray them out if you donā€™t have the right bits of it.

I actually had some wrestling game friends years back so I got to play 4 player Fire Pro D for the dreamcast and it can get rather nuts. Playing as Mr. Pogo with his critical-capable fireball is much better when people can get very angry with you over it.

2 Likes

Yeah some workshop pages show which DLC is required to use the wrestler but some donā€™t. Like, the Vin Diesel I downloaded didnā€™t. I went through his entire moveset repeatedly to see why he was grayed out and found no DLC moves. Then I checked his appearance and saw he had a bunch of Michael Elgin pieces that had been reduced to like 0 visibility?? Including Elginā€™s hair??

This is Michael Elgin.

Also trying to figure out why entrances stopped working was a huge last minute hurdle. Turns out they donā€™t work at all for battle royales and theyā€™re only available during regular matches if you choose the mega arena. You canā€™t have entrance music if you choose Korakuen!! Itā€™s such bullshit.

Also having to manually move all downloaded wrestlers from the RETIRED category to a promotion before you can use them is a nightmare, though it would have been less of an issue had I not forgotten thatā€™s how the game worked. I wouldnā€™t have downloaded that pack of like every single person who ever fought in Pride. I did not need 200 guys who lost to Cro Cop or Fedor back in 2003.

wow this is some total bullshit. they totally do entrances in Korakuen!

Anyway do you want to play Quake come 2021-05-02T01:00:00Z

DO YOU WANT TO ā€œFRAGā€ AND BE ā€œFRAGGEDā€
  • YES Iā€™M GOING TO MAKE IT RAIN ā€œGIBSā€

0 voters

Iā€™ll be generous and I will not ban any ā€œlpbsā€ from entering even though they would have a huge advantage over dialup users in this competition.

Are you passionate about Quake? Do you have suggestions for rules/format/maps/mods? Please share your passions here, or join the Discord. Itā€™s fun to do these streams with someone who can talk a lot about these games, saves me some effort, lets me focus on important things like eating a sandwich.

Check it out you can easily make your own skins in Quake

Hereā€™s one I found on my hard drive.

I donā€™t know who made it but Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s my old Karnov skin underneath.

Karnovā€¦where did you goā€¦

3 Likes

Thereā€™s some ā€œentrance craftā€ DLC that is thirty dollars. Maybe that lets you do it in other venues?? I saw the price tag and read no further.

$30!!!

1 Like

I wish there was just a decently priced ā€œthis is the FPW with everythingā€ because god, buying all the DLC is way too much.

1 Like

Whoever voted in the poll please re-vote, I goofed and didnā€™t make results public sorry thanks

feels really good to see lpb typed on the internet again
i wonā€™t play because i hate to lose and m&k doesnā€™t fit bedstyle but i will want to watch this

3 Likes

I love Quake altho I havenā€™t played it multiplayer in a long timeā€¦

What port were you planning on using? I usually use Darkplaces.

ha i typed ā€˜yeah can someone record a demo or somethingā€™ and forgot that weā€™re unfortunately in 2021 and have streaming

the thought of playing qw on an american server would make my 14 year old self have a meltdown

5 Likes

I have no clue. Probably one that makes things look all jaggy.

Weā€™ll probably just hop on some server that has KTX or whatever? Seemingly no one is playing this game online nowadays.

I think folks can use any client they like, right?

any quakeworld client for quakeworld but if we want to try just doing netquake, that might be just as easy nowadays

1 Like

I donā€™t want to say that the DLC was often just a way to fund the continued development of the game and hence was priced more for that than what the actual content justifiedā€¦ but kinda that. To be fair when they were done they gave the final movecraft ā€œcreate any move you wantā€ DLC away for free even though that one would have probably sold best of the bunch as there was no more development to fund.

1 Like

So mad I missed this matchup live because I had to make avocado cream cheese rolls for the Goop Queen

2 Likes

This sounds like one of the few experiences that could spawn more interesting stories than Big the Catā€™s massive taint.

template

Hereā€™s a template if anyone wants to try making their own Quake skin. It may be slightly off, I dunno, but I doubt itā€™ll be noticeable. Just draw inside the lines and I dunno, I think you save it as a PCX and put it somewhere? Iā€™ll figure that out by Saturday. But if you wanna make a skin make one and if you donā€™t itā€™s fine, I will just assign one from you from one of the hundreds I downloaded earlier in the week :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Been thinking about skin ideasā€¦ Like Wine Mom or Football Dad.

1 Like

I think this is going to be the first time Iā€™ll be playing a PC first-person shooter with customizations enabled under the assumption that it wonā€™t devolve into racist shit like in TF2

3 Likes