The Beautiful Game: Let's Learn More About Each Other Through Combat - We Gonna Play TORISBASH! 5/28 @ 9PM EST!

The Switch port is excellent, yeah. Maybe the most impressive Sega Ages update. The tutorial is fun, online is a huge addition (even though I have yet to try it), and actually, like, having an onscreen minimap and stats and descriptions of every unit are by far the biggest quality of life improvements any of these games have had.

I’ll probably never play it again unless I end up running into someone in real life who wants to play it but I’m glad I bought it.

ALSO:

:drudgesiren: :drudgesiren: :drudgesiren:

THE NEXT BEAUTIFUL GAME IS…

:drudgesiren: :drudgesiren: :drudgesiren:

POKEMON SHOWDOWN

This is a free Pokémon on-line battle simulator. It removes all the good parts of Pokémon (walking around, talking with weirdoes who love shorts, befriending Pokémon, naming them because they are your babies and you love them) and just leaves the most boring parts (the very slow battles and choosing which Pokés to leave at home cuz for some reason no one at GameFreak has thought to make a game where you just wander around with your entire pocket monster family in some massive GameMasterAnthony-style party).

But we’re going to be playing it anyway cuz it’ll give me a chance to sit here for like 7 hours getting drunk and reminiscing about cartoons that made me cry while your Grungar licks a Mudflaps or whatever.

Also it turns out you can name your Pokémons in this game so here’s rule #1 of The Beautiful Game: Pearl Necklace Edition:

YOU HAVE TO NAME EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR POKEMONES OR YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED

Thank you.

If you are interested in competing on 2021-03-07T02:00:00Z please let us know.

WHAT KIND OF POKEMON ARE YOU
  • THE KIND WHO WANTS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE BEAUTIFUL GAME

0 voters

Also please join the Discord if you haven’t. We will be discussing rule sets and such and I would appreciate any input (though you can post recs here too if you like.) Or you can just pop into chat occasionally and say things like “God, Bachi…you’re so cool, and the ultimate GameFreak, if u know what i means ;)”

Seeya soon folks seeya soon.

6 Likes