tabletop rpg thread, second edition

that’s a pretty harsh oversimplification but the fact that i’m taking it personally means i’m probably not in the right headspace to have this conversation again

past tense, sadly. the campaign was getting to be too much stress (and yes too much of a timesink also), plus since then i’ve sort of taken a hiatus from tabletop stuff in general to mess around in rpg maker and remind myself of what it’s like to enjoy making things and also how to actually finish them

not getting into the whole capitalism thing, i’d like it to be accessible enough for people to get into easily, yeah. i put a lot of thought into structuring and gating complexity. character creation wise, a new player needs to distribute some stats and roll up their health and they’re good, in practice it takes about 5-10 minutes. players shouldn’t need to worry about anything beyond that for 2-3 sessions unless the GM’s comfortable doling out experience quickly i guess. by the time perks come up a) players are invested enough in the campaign and their character to be okay with it, and b) they’re comfortable enough with the system and know what they enjoy so they can make informed decisions. there’s more i could get into, like perks being structured so that safe/straightforward choices are clearly labeled and front-ended, but i guess this post started with me deciding not to talk about this? why am i not sleeping