SYSTEM SHOCK ⚡

yeah, I was surprised when I finally tried vr just how wonderful it was to experience non-photorealistic rendering in an all-encompassing environment.

Where’s Bubsy 3D VR you cowards

1 Like

The only audio logs I like are the tapes in MGS5 because I can listen to em whilest Im a sneak’n.

Like if you want to tell me the story of a person that was like say a chemist working on a cure who got killed by monsters, who broke down the door then put that corpse in the corner in a lab coat, give him an ID card, some family photos, put their note pad on a table nearby and put clawmarks on the door and the body.

Cripes

7 Likes

Going to be another demo on Steam that’ll be up for 48 hours.

2 Likes

Ah, piss.

It’s been a wild time to see these two projects repeatedly explode and try to rebuild. I don’t know if SS3 would be a good sequel, but I am curious to see what that sequel would be. Hope it gets done eventually, in some way.

1 Like

We are happy to announce that Tencent will be taking the System Shock franchise forward. As a smaller Indie studio, it had been challenging for us to carry the project on our own. We believe Tencent’s deep capabilities and expertise as a leading game company will bring the franchise to new heights.

1 Like

what does that mean lol? is tencent developing it now? or is system shock 3 just dead and tencent is gonna do “something” with property?

1 Like

Tencent is the publisher for SS3 but Nightdive still owns the System Shock IP. Either Otherside managed to get an influx of cash from Tencent to continue or Tencent is looking to shunt the dev work at another studio.

3 Likes

Even if that’s the case, Otherside lost its Austin dev team, and I saw a post on the Otherside forums that said the Boston branch wouldn’t be taking over. So they’ll have to build a new team, hopefully with Warren at the helm, and start again on UE.

There’s a demo up on Steam and GoG.

1 Like

It runs like shit and they only included super low res textures!

I’m still looking forward to it! It just feels like the original game but with a semi-modern interface!

2 Likes

Good. Honestly glad they resisted messing with the claustrophobic environments if nothing else. That feels like one of the first things that would get axed in a remake.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I think I’m liking the way the system shock remake is looking.

1 Like

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock/posts/3019900

PC pre-orders will open near the end of February on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Game Store. This will be accompanied by the release of our final demo which will include the medical level, cyberspace level, full dismemberment, all newly recorded voice lines, and a ton of additional features and polish. We will still improve on the experience as we get closer to launch so please check it out and share your feedback with us on Discord. The feedback we’ve received for the previous demos has been invaluable to us and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Console versions of the demo will come later.

We’d also like to announce that anyone who pre-orders System Shock remake will receive System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition for free and ALL Kickstarter/Backerkit backers who backed at the $30 level or higher will also be receiving SS2:EE for free. It’s our intention to release both System Shock remake and SS2:EE around the same time. SS2:EE has evolved into more than what we were intending. This will be a complete source port to our KEX engine. All the character and weapons models are being remade, and we’ve received permission from the Shock community to include many of the mods that have become standard for many Shock 2 veterans.

6 Likes
5 Likes

I played the new demo. it’s really good! I’m looking forward to the final release.

2 Likes

the way shit looks when drugs wear off fucking RULES (the little ghost man!)

4 Likes