Switch! (Part 1)

Port all these late 3DS games to Switch too. Give me fuckin’ Culdcept Switch.

2 Likes

somehow even more perfect than I had previously thought

6 Likes

Ice cream eats cake for breakfast

1 Like

If you turn around where you start in the tutorial stage there’s a little train station back there complete with a little jellyfish attendant guy. That’s pretty dang cool.

Pearl looks like an acceptable “imp” type of idol but that makes a weird balance to only have a duo where one is kinda there and the other looks like they have the real talent and showmanship.

The Real Idol Heads get in here and tell me I don’t know anything.

Apple and Samsung corner the market on every cellphone component they can. It’s mainly to maintain their dominance over the other smartphone vendors. It sounds like Nintendo is accidentally getting caught in the crossfire here.

2 Likes

I have an unopened copy of Mario Kart for the Wii. I never wanted it. The jerks.

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

7 Likes

GBC mario golf was probably the best game camelot ever made

also possibly the only really classic game on the GBC that still holds up

1 Like

So I finally managed to snag a Switch. Picked up ARMS and Puyo Puyo Tetris.

The very first thing I did was accidentally put a joycon grip on backwards and get it horrifyingly stuck on there. That’s… surprisingly poor design! But I was able to get it off after some careful, surgical tugging.

Otherwise this hardware is dynamite. ARMS seems pretty cool. Punching feels amazing and there’s a girl made of ramen. I’m into it.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is WAY too anime, it makes me feel like a sad high schooler. The writing on the story mode is making me cringe. Some of the character designs are fun, but there are two aliens that constantly make annoying baby noises whenever you play against them. I hate it. Fusion mode is really weird and interesting, and it feels like it’ll take me a lot of work to understand how to play it properly. I have pretty mixed feelings about this game!

1 Like

I’ve been wondering, is it possible to turn off the voices completely in the volume mixer or something?

Puyo stories have always been an overwhelming source of inanity. It only gets better in the third or fourth chapter when Suketoudara shows up and starts laying down fish puns in space.

producer-san’s translator lied to our faces. dynamic res locked at 60 fps in “game”, locked 1080p30 in the hub

pre-order canceled, Switch broken with a hammer

1 Like

that’s pretty reasonable and unsurprising, the X1 really isn’t that powerful

I wish I had a switch so I had something to play while I sit between my roommates both playing dark souls

11 Likes

i like 60fps too but i hate how everyone is so obsessed with it now

splatoon is fine

random tangent:

i wish that every time someone comments “LAZY DEVS” on the internet they would suddenly be transported to a dark room with an IBM thinkpad from the early 2000s and not be allowed to leave until they had made one complete video game. programming manuals will be provided.

then, after completing the task they will have to walk through a human gauntlet of people yelling death-threats, demands, and derogatory insults at them about the game they had been forced to make.

at the end of the line someone will be standing there to tell them they now have to go back in the room and improve the game to satisfy the demands of every person there.

4 Likes

did you know that every game bar Zelda Nintendo has put out on the Switch so far are locked 60 fps in game and that makes them fucking awesome

I’m sure I’ve said this elsewhere but I would rather have absurd framerates than pretty graphics (or: I’m one of those assholes who plays Overwatch on low to stay over 144 fps) so completely locked 60 fps in-game Splatoon is cool with me (though having messed around with Cemu, please please please for the love of god add some AF Nintendo)

more importantly, Marina is always at 1080p

3 Likes

I’m generally pro-framerates-over-graphics, but I kind of don’t think it’s acceptable to run LCD screens below their native resolutions except in very rare cases

they should really just be simplifying the geometry or shaders instead

I know a bunch of PS3 games acquit themselves reasonably well with an 1152x640 render target if they have native UI elements and whatnot but

I have learned the truth behind the ARMS unlock system. If you unlock the same ARMS twice you receive an upgraded, slightly more powerful ARMS. Disgusting.

So it’s with a heavy heart I announce my premature retirement from competitive ARMS. I know you were all pulling for me to take it all at EVO 2018 but I cannot waste my talents on a game that promotes such practices.

I apologize for letting you all down…but I ask you to save your scorn for Nintendo, not me. They are now a bad game developer and I do not like them.

Thank you.

7 Likes

I have barely played arms at all because it just makes me mad.

i like thinking about it a lot more than playing it