Super Nintendo Exploration Squad - Super Bomberman 2 casting call

fucked up imo

he also cut the segment where we exposed his history of tax fraud!

1 Like

This explains it perfectly, thank you!

had to Edit out that And the secTion where you FiguRed out that I was Embedding Subliminal advertisements for subway in the podcast because of some audio issues. Not my fault, don’t basH me.

4 Likes

“Tool-assisted shitrun” is a perfect phrase to describe my life

2 Likes

the first three super bomberman games are ports of the pc engine bomberman games. obviously, since the pc engine was hudson soft’s home console, they went there first, then went to the snes.
so super bomberman = bomberman, super bomberman 2 = bomberman 93 and super bomberman 3 = bomberman 94 = mega bomberman

bomberman 94 introduced the louies, which is why they aren’t in this game even though it came out at the same time as bomberman 94

panic bomber w is this puzzle game. it’s also on pc engine and neo geo and probably some other stuff

long before the b-daman anime and toy franchise came to the uk and us, someone got me a pretty bomber figure that shot a marble out of it

the packaging looked like this

5 Likes

I didnt know any of this! I just played a bunch of Bomberman games not knowing their history

I gotta try the other Super games now

It was on the Virtual Boy, which is the first time I played it, and it’s really great. There’s definitely a dracula bomber and werewolf bomber.

EDIT: The music was pretty good too. I have a hard time separating the VB from my nostalgia for it, so maybe it’s really bad??

Not sure if that second one is a song that previously appeared in Bomberman or not

1 Like

by the way no one ever shuffles mahjong tiles, the table does it for you

3 Likes

get behind me satan

can’t wait until we reach the episode where we play mahjong with each other and gamble with our blood

2 Likes

I nearly passed out watching that on the bus once

1 Like

I enjoyed this episode a lot! Made me wish I didn’t have to drop out at the last minute. I would have pointed out that the only place a bomberman’s body could fit a bomb would be its head. Perhaps its AI circuitry is in its abdomen, and its hollow head produced bombs?

I got a kick out of Shrug’s analysis of Pretty Bomber.

2 Likes

bomberman act zero’s aesthetic was seriously the least of its problems. as well as the things mentioned on the podcast, there’s no local multiplayer, only online. and the single player mode is 100 one-on-one battles against identical opponents in identical stages, that all have to be done in one sitting. i hope no-one has ever done it.

also, someone mentioned a game boy platform game that they could only vaguely remember. that game is pocket bomberman! it is a 2d platformer starring bomberman, though it does still kind of play like a bomberman game. you drop bombs, they explode in plus-shapes, you’ve got to kill every enemy on each stage.
pocket bomberman also has “jump mode”, which i loved as a kid! like the main game, it takes the bomberman rules and puts them into a platforming context. the difference is that all the stages in this mode are tall, thin towers, and also bomberman is constantly jumping, and you can do nothing to make him stop. you’ve got to get to the top of the tower, killing enemies and collecting power-ups as you go.

2 Likes

After this podcast, I got genuinely hyped to play the other games (except act zero). Really curious about some of those spinoffs.

I had Pocket Bomberman as a kid! I had completely forgotten about Jump Mode. You just brought back a flood of memories! That mode was legitimately really fun.

1 Like

Panic bomber is a legit good game. I really like the mechanics, you basically send junk to yourself when you do combos. but that junk is Bombs and then you get a lit bomb and explode them all at once, sending a wave of real junk to the opponent. It’s a perfect sort of risk/reward thing.

Cold take: I think multiplayer Bomberman is way overrated.

64’s is okay though.

1 Like