STUNLOCK THE PRESSES: combo breaking news (Part 1)

ok but I’d watch a movie that’s like ready player one but is entirely about mostly-forgotten vaporware

2 Likes

remember wave race wii :’(

6 Likes

“that’s from japan”

3 Likes

https://www.8bitdo.com/arcade-stick/

boutique hardware is getting too good

1 Like

The posts about the Retroid got me curious about state of Dolphin on iOS.

The A13 in the 2020 iPhone SE can run Resident Evil 4 at full speed and 2x resolution. It’s incredible.

5 Likes

I should hope so, on paper it’s about 4x as performant as the first desktop I ran dolphin on

Really want to know what buttons/stick are in this, and how easily swappable it will be.

Edit: well, the are claiming easy to mod, but that makes me wonder about the button quality to start with.

I have the first gen 8bitdo stick and it’s dead easy like the MadCatz ones, uses philips screws. Stick quality seems a little weak (like the MadCatz) ones but the buttons are okay.

Nice, yeah, their amazon page has more images of the insides, and it looks not bad at all to mod.

Considering modifying my gamevice to work with screen protectors :thinking:

2 Likes

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

• Ultra-moddable arcade stick - Universal mounting plate supports Sanwa, seimitsu, happ & il arcade sticks

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

What modern arcade stick isn’t super moddable? It feels like this is filling a nitch for normies that has been filled for years.

1 Like

8bitdo’s bluetooth implementation is unbelievably good – it can store a separate xinput, dinput, switch, and macOS/PS4 pairing. it’s like the airpods of bluetooth controllers. knowing that you have that and you can swap the parts easily is actually a pretty appealing combination, and I don’t think the markup is particularly high considering that

4 Likes

Does anyone else remember that glorious little window of time (Late PS2 to early PS3) when sticks were modifiable and also came with an option of starting with cheap parts or Sanwa parts, or Seimitsu parts?

You never see Seimitsu parts pre-installed anymore, and even seeing Sanwa pre-installed seems to be becoming rare.

hmm ill post this here I think

29 Likes

Wishlist Now: Bushiden | Humble Games

Your sister has vanished…
…and rumors swirl that Gaoh has been resurrected with an evil army at his command. Explore for cybernetic upgrades until you are powerful enough to defeat the diabolic Gaoh and his cybergentic army once and for all in this futuristic, action platformer!

Bushiden is a 2D action platformer, ala strider with a retro look and feel.

7 Likes

sounds like very unsquare pixels to me

(damn, the images in the op seem to have rotted away from the site server…)

4 Likes

The jump animation alone sold me on this.

1 Like

Honestly, it’s just basically a case and a bluetooth/2.4 ghz PCB for 90 bucks, which is surprisingly good considering the cost of either of those on their own, depending on quality of the components. Like just getting a decent case is expensive enough now, so I am curious to see how these turn out.

2 Likes

The arc of the Strider jump is so immediately pleasing that even when it’s just a triangle doing it in 140 I get goosebumps.

8 Likes