STUNLOCK THE PRESSES: combo breaking news (Part 1)

They will add Doctor Blueman Group as DLC to Injustice 1 and let him change the whole story.

1 Like

i mean actually this is pretty dope, i like the idea of a living god descending onto a dead game as a patch and just destroying it

7 Likes

the entire injustice series is already terminally alternate universe wank so adding manhattan can’t make it much worse. hope they do something interesting mechanically this time! maybe even something outside the nrs comfort zone.

It would be hilarious, yes. If they are gonna do this, just do all of it.

doc manhattan for president of homestuck

1 Like

They should do this by reviving lock-on technology

Sonic the Hedgehog…
and Doctor Manhattan

3 Likes

usually I agree with this, there’s a lot of freedom in What If scenarios. But it just guts me to see Doctor Manhattan standing next to Superman and arguing with the Flash about time.

1 Like

pray you don’t live long enough to see someone extraordinary gentlemen your OCs

10 Likes

nrs traumatise their animators by making them watch snuff movies to make realistic gore, but all their games look, sound and feel like itchy and scratchy cartoons. there’s some novelty in seeing these dark grey action figures slap red goo out of each other with comedy clang and bonk noises for a short while, but it’s all so vapid and unsatisfying.

i really like the league of extraordinary gentlemen series, and alan moore was ahead of the curve when he cast harry potter as the personified death of imagination

6 Likes

this is a really cool idea though. even cooler if you did it without announcing it, and no-one even discovered it for like a month

3 Likes

I think it’s better to not treat this as exceptional Nether Realm behavior but to say, ‘the production of realistic gore special effects requires people to look at gore footage’ – it’s really similar to Rick Baker’s practical FX house; it’s not like the job of social media content moderators forced to passively watch this go by.

1 Like

Yeah, the Dead Space people bragged about looking at car crash footage to make their gore.

1 Like

It’s weird because some people love that stuff and usually (ideally) they’re the ones working on this. Like everything, it gets worse at industrial scale and you start treating people like widgets and assigning them outside of what they’re interested in or comfortable with.

It’s facially obvious that this has the potential for harming people, but it’s such a niche case that I don’t think anyone has outlined guidelines or worker rights around this yet. I think it would be a good thing to get language around in a template game workers union contract.

2 Likes

turns out the biggest social media companies haven’t really outlined guidelines or worker rights around this yet either, so take that as you will I guess

(they’ll just offload those responsibilities onto the contractor companies they hire)

1 Like

Absolutely – it’s more measurable and problematic and an easier target to write enforceable regulation around.

8 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

For the longest time I suspected that this game was like entirely fake.

oh wow. that ending where your vision is just completely obstructed to the point of unintelligibility with screaming blood is that sort of thing games can do sometimes where sloppy and imperfect can come across as bizarre enough to be interesting and, in this case, kind of intense.

2 Likes
1 Like