Strange Adventures in DC Comics

In this I think we can see one of the distinctions between Moore and Morrison’s work, in that Moore does actually succeed in investing substance and meaning into his work, especially at the larger structural levels that Morrison I think rarely succeeds at. However, to be evenhanded, Morrison may very well excel Moore at creating truly iconic moments within the genre. All Star Superman, not a work that I am a particular fan of, stars off with an epic, 3 panel recap of Superman’s origin, and there are many memorable elements of the series throughout, from the cubic bizarro earth to Superman saving the emo girl from suicide. Even more so, New X-Men as I have previously mentioned, was I believe most notable for Morrison’s introduction of characters and elements that not only seemed novel but also had the enduring character of X-men story elements, showing his understanding of the Platonic ‘essence’ of comics that he seems so invested in believing in. In contrast, works such as 7 soldiers, final crisis and multiversity are hobbled by Morrison’s awkward attempts at philosophical exposition which he is less capable than Moore of sublimating into the plot, characterisation, and other structural elements of his comics.

His narcissism is a troubling aspect of his infamy and role as would be cultural ambassador of super hero comics.

edit: and narcissism in itself is a fundamentally awful thing