Got a selection of GOOD STEALS on sale, stranger! (Part 1)

Toys 'R Us has a Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off all video games deal going on right now for those interested. There was a few coupon codes you could apparently abuse, but I was too late to the show for that, unfortunately. Nier Automata is sold out, so if anyone hears of any deals on that, I’d be much obliged.

Digimon World: Next Order is $29.99 there – is Next Order for PS4 any good?

this is the kind of stuff nerds leave in the free bin at work

9 Likes

( ‘_’)7 my MechWarrior comrades

2 Likes

Fuck the Clans, long live the Inner Sphere

Ok, so, Black Friday is normally a holiday I don’t pay attention to, but because I’ve been on a strict VG diet this year, I haven’t been able to play many games, but I also never really paid attention to how good games were either. Please advise if 1) a game on this list is on sale somewhere 2) a game on this list is actually garbage.

Dragon Quest Heroes 2
Nier
Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami
Resident Evil 7
Nioh
Tekken 7 / KoF14 / GGXrd / Street Fighter 5 <<< I want a fighting game. I like footsies. Maybe I should just play more CvS2
Divinity Original Sin 2
Absolver
Final Fantasy XV
Assassin’s Creed Origins - I’ve never played an AC game, but Zelda hype is making me want open world p badly
Grand Theft Auto 5 for cheap would be kinda cool? Maybe?

Games I’ve played this year are like Persona 5 and Hyper Light Drifter. I think I have Dragon Quest Builders, but I beat the first chapter and have no idea why there are different chapters and I have to rebuild my city. I also played Destiny 2, but I’m not playing it right now, so…

Nioh is $20 at Best Buy online and $16 if you have their silly gamer’s kid’s club card or whatever. I’m tempted myself, but also trying not to spend much on new vidcons right now.

I would appreciate if anyone posts a great deal on Dragon Quest Builders, either Gravity Rush PS4 game, or Final Fantasy XV though.

FF15 for $15 at Target, $20 at Best Buy / Gamestop
Yak 0 is $30 at Gamestop and also $30 PSN

I found this after looking. I realized that my impulsivity doesn’t jive with waiting in line on Black Friday. Online deals >> IRL deals, but please post whatever you find.

Everything you mentipned is on sale on PSN right now.

1 Like

goodwill had some videogames tonight:

4 Likes

Peep that TRAG lady’s tacticool pistol handling skills

1 Like

I think Absolver was basically stillborn? Might not be worth it

1 Like

What makes you think Absolver was stillborn? Steamspy says 140k copies sold at $30/copy is over $4m. That’s not great, but it’s not bad, is it? I guess if the team is like 20 people and there are taxes everywhere, that’s like 100k per, but like…

I was under the impression that bad netcode kinda sunk it in the first week? Maybe it was overblown or the game managed to weather the storm.

Prey is 20 USD at Amazon.

Lots of good deals at Best Buy, including Nier: Automata for 25 USD.

http://www.blu-ray.com/deals/?retailerid=2&sortby=popularity&category=ps4

I was also considering Nioh, but I think I’m going to have to go with Nier.

You play the first Neir yet?

I have not. Will you be very disappointed in me if I start with the second one? I’ve been trying to determine which one I should play in the event that I only ever get around to playing one of them.

Maybe I should not buy any games until I’ve played the ones I have. I still haven’t even tried Alien: Isolation, though I’ve had it almost as long as I’ve had a PS4.

i also have neither played nier nor nier atomato and i am trying to decide if i should play nier 1 before tomato. would appreciate insight on this

3 Likes

You can 100% play automata before playing the first one. There are a few minor refs you might not get, but really the game won’t lose its impact at all due to that.

I’m guessing a lot of these deals will re-appear next month towards Christmas. Trying to settle on two or three of these for now:

• Nier: Automata ($24.99)
  • Nioh ($19.99)
  • Bloodborne ($14.99)
  • Final Fantasy XV ($19.99)
  • Yakuza Kiwami ($15.00)
  • Persona 5 ($29.99)

I guess the question is, what is the most immediately satisfying? I wanted to check out The Last Guardian, but it looks like it’s sold out at Target where it was on sale.

You can’t go wrong with Bloodborne (though, admittedly, it’s the only one in your list that I’ve played). That said, you might be better off getting the “Complete Edition” in the PSN store. The extra areas are absolutely worth having.

The Last Guardian is very good, too.

1 Like