SPAIN POKEMON... YOUR CHOICE: a cavewoman riding a dirtbike or a tron contestant riding a hovercraft.

There’s an odd glitch I’ve been noticing in this game, where whenever I go into an interior location where a cutscene occurs, there’ll almost always be a small pokeball embedded in the ground somewhere.

The first time I noticed it was in a cave cutscene after beating a titan, and there was a red pokeball right there in the middle of the cave during the scene. So I figured after the scene ends I could go back in the cave and pick up the item, but you can’t actually go back in there.

The other times it happens tends to be in the gyms when Nemona or someone shows up, and there’ll be a tiny one embedded in the floor in the middle of the doorway. It’s non-interactable and the type of ball varies.

My theory was that Game Freak were using pokeballs as visual markers for event triggers and just forgot to make them invisible or something, but looking up online at least one other person has seen it and it came up that it’s probably just the ball for your top pokemon needing to load in somewhere in case a battle is triggered, but because no battles can happen in these locations the game just glitches out and sets it to a 0,0 co-ordinate or something random.

Anyway, I found it kind of amusing because with all the pokeballs with items littering the countryside, having these random unremarked-upon balls just discarded on the floor in sandwich shops etc kind of makes sense

11 Likes