Songs That Are More Than Ten Minutes Long

Songs that are more than an hour long:

4 Likes

On Comedy Central on repeat there was a standup set where he described a song that the drums didn’t kick in until the 18 minute mark. That maybe joke has been playing in my head for 20 years.

I love that joke too. It’s Marc Maron, 1:30 in this clip (from Dr. Katz)

2 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

god help me it will always be the first thing I think of when it comes to ‘long songs’

and then there’s this, which i think rules

1 Like

Started to post classical music but decided it was too annoying with too little payoff

3 Likes

Yeah I specifically left out classical because it’s too easy to find ten million examples of longer compositions

1 Like
4 Likes

Yeah but seriously Firebird tho

is that the one with the Orchestra Hit

Those of us of a more feline persuasion may enjoy this one:

1 Like
2 Likes

I had a line in my initial post about classical music but I deleted it because why not let someone recommend some classical music? Speaking of,

Here’s another important one:

The Most Unwanted Song should have been on the Voyager gold record

3 Likes
2 Likes

There’s a (17 minute) C64 song that I’ve been waiting years for someone to post in a format that can be easily shared. It’s “Delusion” by Kjell Nordbø. It’s the 15th track on this music disk, which Nordbø mailed to a friend in 2005 just before taking his own life.

I ripped the song to MP3 ages ago for convenience and I should probably just put it on YouTube myself since no one else seems to be doing so. It’s really something.

1 Like
2 Likes