Snexploration Early Vote

Tulpa had the brilliant idea of running a vote even though we’re doing explorer’s choice, so that we can get ahead on voting AND run votes after the podcast is released instead of giving people like 5 minutes to vote after podcast time. So, it’s voting time for next next episode! And it’s a wild one.

https://twitter.com/snexploration/status/1027571090657144832

Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation

Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation is the sixth entry in the famed Dragon Quest series, originally published by Enix, but now published by Square Enix since their merger in 2003. The game was originally released for the Super Famicom in Japan on December 9, 1995. The DS remake was released in North America on February 14, 2011 and was published in that territory by Nintendo. The game saw a release in Europe on May 20th, 2011.

The original Japanese version had the subtitle Maboroshi no Daichi, or “Land of Illusions”/“Land of Dreams”.

Ganbare! Daiku no Gen-san (AKA Hammerin’ Harry)

Ganbare! Daiku no Gensan (“Let’s Go! Gen the Carpenter” or “Let’s Go! Hammerin’ Harry”) is the fifth game in Irem’s Hammerin’ Harry series of platformer/brawlers and the first and only entry for the Super Famicom. It was never released outside of Japan.

As with other games in the series, the player as Gen (or Harry) travels through stages defeating enemies with his enormous carpenter’s hammer. There’s numerous colorful foes and bosses for Gen/Harry to fight his way through. Ganbare! Daiku no Gensan gives the player a much larger health bar and is more forgiving in general than other Hammerin’ Harry games.

Daikaijuu Monogatari II

Daikaijuu Monogatari II (“Great Shell Monster Story II”) is a Super Famicom JRPG and the sequel to Daikaijuu Monogatari, which in turn is a sequel to the original Kaijuu Monogatari for the Famicom.

The player is once again embodying the Fire Shell Hero, a legendary champion of the friendly shell monsters, who is summoned to help the shell monsters defeat the evil sorcerer Dark. Dark has managed to locate six of the eggs of the Demon King, who was defeated in the previous game, and used his magics to hatch all six into formidable monster generals. He plans to use these monster generals and their armies to conquer the globe.

The gameplay is similar to Dragon Quest and other turn-based RPGs. The game also includes side-quests and an empty lot of land that the player can use to build a settlement. This settlement can have shops, arenas, inns and other useful facilities, but the player is limited in space.

This game does have a fan translation

1 Like

As resident Irem fanboy, i am of course biased towardy hamm’in harry, sorry!

1 Like

hammerin harry is a fun game, but i don’t know anything about daikaiju monogatari, so that gets my vote

1 Like

Daikaiju has giant monsters???

2 Likes

hammer my harry, senpai

2 Likes

Daikaijuu Monogatari has an infamous terrible translation

Its the go to example for a particular ‘editor’, WildBill, interjecting terrible far-right “jokes” into the script.

Soooo big ol oops, Autotiger noticed that Daikaijuu Monogatari II does not have a fan translation, it was only the original. I goofed.

I’m leaning towards playing the first one since I told everyone it had a translation, I think that’s the best solution. But I wanted to hold a quick vote before sending out the ROM pack tomorrow. So uh

vote

• Play the first one with the translation
  • Play the second, untranslated one

0 voters

play the first one, then have a sbouts-honor competition to see who can get the furthest in the second within 48 hours without consulting a resource

voted harry, though
weird-ass franchise

voted for the transltation, even though it was by a no good lousy mook iirc